Contribute
Register

Linx 10.1 inch Tablet - Will it Hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I currently have an iPad 2, which with iOS 7 is getting quite slow and old, so I was looking for a replacement and I found that cheap x86 Win8 Tablets are a thing now, and the idea of being able to run full desktop programs sound good, but one problem: Windows. I use an iMac every day, and I just don't think I could keep switching between the two so I'm looking to see if I could hackintosh this tablet, or one of a similar price.

I would like to keep the win8 install intact so I don't have to mess too much with wine for any windows programs i may need, so I think I have two options: Try to multi boot on the built in storage OR keep windows on the built in storage and install OS X to a microSD card.

Just looking for some advice before I buy one, because I don't want to be hitting my head against a brick wall, or left with a windows only tablet.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Linx-10-1-inch-Tablet-storage/dp/B00O636WPY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417970063&sr=8-1&keywords=linx+10

The international postage on that tablet is more than the price of the entire tablet I linked to, so its obviously too expensive for me. I think this may be one of those 'leap of faith' type things where I actually need to buy the thing before I can be certain if I can or cannot do it, so if I do decide to buy one I will post my progress here, and if I can't get it to work reliably, there's always linux ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back