Contribute
Register

Linux Installation help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean adding a custom entry in Clover Configurator? I'm not sure where the PBR IIRC string is. Debian has it's own EFI folder in a FAT32 partition, similar to Clover (installed to ESP) I've tried adding that as a path and adding the Debian disk uuid. When it boots from the USB you'll notice it goes to the /boot folder in /. My Debian system is in it's own partition, as is the Home folder.

Weirdly, I can only boot Debian with the USB installer when it's in the USB3 port :eek: in a USB2 and it doesn't show up???

Thanks for the help by the way :thumbup:
I refer to this section of Clover:

Code:
<key>Boot</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Arguments</key>
        <string>-v -f dart=0 </string>
        <key>Debug</key>
        <false/>
        <key>DefaultVolume</key>
        <string>MacHDD</string>
        <key>Legacy</key>
        <string>PBR</string>
        <key>Secure</key>
        <false/>
        <key>Timeout</key>
        <integer>10</integer>
        <key>XMPDetection</key>
        <false/>
    </dict>

Modify the Legacy key string to change PBR to the UUID of the Debian partition and have Grub installed in the root of the Debian install.

If Debian is on a drive by itself you might want to install Clover to that drive - see http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Installation#Linux

From my boot log, it seems that booting from ESP in Clover doesn't generate a uuid for the Debian disk. Think I might add this to the 'too difficult' pile. Or try a different distro, Arch looks a better bet after reading their wiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back