Motherboard
GA-Z77X-D3H Rev 1.1
CPU
i7-2600 K
Graphics
RX 550
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
What do you guys think about this Laptop?

https://www.crowdsupply.com/purism/librem-laptop

I think since everything is open it should be possible to install OS X on it right?

Would be great to have such a nice equipped Laptop to use.

cheers:ugeek:

What do you guys think about this Laptop?

https://www.crowdsupply.com/purism/librem-laptop

I think since everything is open it should be possible to install OS X on it right?

Would be great to have such a nice equipped Laptop to use.

cheers:ugeek:

The laptop is not in production. Without the ability to predict the future, no one can say how well it might run OS X.

Note also that by the time it enters production, it will be obsolete, as the 5th gen (Broadwell) Intel laptops with fanless designs will be in full swing.

yea sure. Just thought since its an intel cpu and graphics chances are not too bad probaply.

yea sure. Just thought since its an intel cpu and graphics chances are not too bad probaply.

The devil is always in the details..

no locked MSR? (not a big deal, but would be nice to have unlocked)
no WiFi whitelist?
open BIOS settings (eg. more settings than typical laptop)

The devil is always in the details..

no locked MSR? (not a big deal, but would be nice to have unlocked)
no WiFi whitelist?
open BIOS settings (eg. more settings than typical laptop)
Hello,
I know that this thread might be dead, but I have got Librem 15v3. Being long time obeserver of this great site, let me share my experience with the HW.
By the HW itself it is really great and in case of interest Im sharing more details:
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v5/E3-1500 v5/6th Gen Core Processor Host Bridge/DRAM Registers (rev 08)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Skylake GT2 [HD Graphics 520] (rev 07)
00:04.0 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v5/E3-1500 v5/6th Gen Core Processor Thermal Subsystem (rev 08)
00:08.0 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v5/v6 / E3-1500 v5 / 6th/7th Gen Core Processor Gaussian Mixture Model
00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP USB 3.0 xHCI Controller (rev 21)
00:14.1 USB controller: Intel Corporation Device 9d30 (rev 21)
00:14.2 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP Thermal subsystem (rev 21)
00:17.0 SATA controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP SATA Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 21)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP PCI Express Root Port #5 (rev f1)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP LPC Controller (rev 21)
00:1f.2 Memory controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP PMC (rev 21)
00:1f.3 Audio device: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP HD Audio (rev 21)
00:1f.4 SMBus: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP SMBus (rev 21)
00:1f.5 Non-VGA unclassified device: Intel Corporation Device 9d24 (rev 21)
01:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros AR9462 Wireless Network Adapter (rev 01)

Physically it is very well done, big touchpad an great keyboard. The "shell" is from the anodized metal(aluminum?). Al the transmission staff as the wifi, bluetooth, camera and mic are able to be switched off by hw "killer" switches.

Intel IME is "neutralized" by the firmware from the PURISM. There is no commercial BIOS inside, but SEABIOS with Coreboot. I might to start with that first. I was not successful to put the MacOS there. The only option I do sea is Unibeast with the legacy mode, but I had no luck. I do believe that might be due to SEABIOS/Coreboot, however some googled info claims that people were successful with Windows 7 and even Win 10.
So as HW it is definitely great,. So far I do run Ubuntu on that beast. Should it be capble to get MacOS there it would be great ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back