Contribute
Register

LGA2011v3 Hackintosh build with Windows 7. Is it possible ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z87-G43
CPU
Intel Core i7 4790K
Graphics
GeForce GTX 980
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello!
I have a computer with:
- ASRock Fatal1ty X99X Killer
- Intel Core i7-5820K
- GTX 980 Gaming G1 Gigabyte
- 16 GB RAM DDR4 2400Mhz
- 256 Gb Kingston Hyper X Savage SSD
- Some HDDs
- I want to buy next ssd for current film project that im working on (and maybe for MacOS)

So I want to run both Windows and Macos x on my computer.

I've tried a lot of tutorials from internet ( I have access to Mac Book pro for orginal MacOS) but i cant get it to work :/

Anybody who have similar setup ? Or know about any good tutorial ?

Perhaps you can say more about what's not working. Your subject to the thread suggests that you're interested in a dual boot setup. Things "not working" could be getting OS X to install and/or boot. It could be difficulty with getting one of the installations to boot with Clover. For example, if I select a boot drive in BIOS, booting to a specific OS might work while using Clover to do so causes headaches. See what I mean? What's the problem you're having?

Depending on the software you're planning on using, you can certainly use an app like Parallels to run Windows in OS X. While I have Windows 7 on it's own boot drive, the speed of my SSDs and the system as a whole make the W7 virtual machine work pretty fluidly. I would easily say the OS is more responsive than if it were installed on spinning hard drive. I rarely if ever run W7 via the dedicated boot drive installation, which might change your equation. e.g., Focus on getting a stable OS X installation and then the potential issues with a dual boot become somewhat moot because you can just run Windows inside OS X.

Check the installation guide forums for various installations that folks have had success with. :)

Hello!
I have a computer with:
- ASRock Fatal1ty X99X Killer
- Intel Core i7-5820K
- GTX 980 Gaming G1 Gigabyte
- 16 GB RAM DDR4 2400Mhz
- 256 Gb Kingston Hyper X Savage SSD
- Some HDDs
- I want to buy next ssd for current film project that im working on (and maybe for MacOS)

So I want to run both Windows and Macos x on my computer.

I've tried a lot of tutorials from internet ( I have access to Mac Book pro for orginal MacOS) but i cant get it to work :/

Anybody who have similar setup ? Or know about any good tutorial ?

Thanks for reply ;)
So basicaly I cant even instal OS X. (get the installer to boot). :/
I want to use mainly Windows 7 so I prefer Dual boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back