Contribute
Register

LGA 2011-v3 Hackintosh Build Configuration. Is it alright?

Hackintosh Build: LGA 1151 vs LGA 2011-v3

• LGA 1151

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi folks,

Sooooo my 2009 iMac is starting to feel a little slow so I want to replace it with a new Hackintosh Build.
This would be my first Hackintosh Build!

I am a student so money is always tight but Hackintosh gives me the opportunity to build a strong mac system not having to take out a loan :p

I plan to run Windows and Hackintosh simultaneously. A little bit of gaming on Windows and working on Mac.

This is my configuration so far:

CPU: i7 5820k
CPU-Cooler: Corsair H110
Motherboard: Gigabyte X99 Gaming 5 (got this from a friend for next to nothing)
GPU: MSI R9 390x OR a comparable Nvidia? which I think should be better for Photoshop work because of CUDA?
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 2x8GB DDR4-2400, CL16-16-16 (I plan to upgrade in the future with two more 8GB)
SSD: Crucial MX300 750GB
PSU: ???
Wireless LAN & Bluetooth: USB or Card ???
Case: NZXT S340 white

Are there any problems in my configuration I should be aware of?

As you can see I have no idea which PSU i should choose?! Any suggestions?
Also I don't know if its better to take a Wireless Card or just add it via USB 3.0?

Looking forward to your feedback :)

For your CPU, completely fine.

Motherboard, I would consider taking caution with this since it is x99 board, make sure you search the forums.

GPU, you can use both but with AMD cards have had compatibility issues in the past but they do work, NVIDIA cards work without issue.

For your Wireless you can look up TonyMacX86's post about using a real Apple branded wifi/bluetooth combo card in your system for Continuity compatibility, but for wireless in general TP-Link wifi cards work and have worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back