Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
so,
i have the LG ultrawide 29' with connected to my GeForce GTX 760 running El Capitan plugged via Displayport, I've tried HDMI and that doesn't work either.

i can't get anything to show up on the monitor. its as if theres nothing plugged in.
I've read you have to use diplayport to get higher than 1080p a lot of the times. and some guys will get there screen to show up, just not in 2560x1080 (the lg ultrawides res)

i installed nvidia web drivers and they didn't do anything.
also tried SwitchResX... nothing.. :(

i have my gtx 760 in a 1080p monitor and its fine.

any help?

Disable Nvidia Injection
That's funny you mention that, cuz right after I posted this thread I found another article suggesting to do that and that did it!!!! So simple.

so,
i have the LG ultrawide 29' with connected to my GeForce GTX 760 running El Capitan plugged via Displayport, I've tried HDMI and that doesn't work either.

i can't get anything to show up on the monitor. its as if theres nothing plugged in.
I've read you have to use diplayport to get higher than 1080p a lot of the times. and some guys will get there screen to show up, just not in 2560x1080 (the lg ultrawides res)

i installed nvidia web drivers and they didn't do anything.
also tried SwitchResX... nothing.. :(

i have my gtx 760 in a 1080p monitor and its fine.

any help?

GTX 760 is native. Doesn't require any (Graphics Injection).

How did you disable the Nvidia Injection?

No need to disable it, just don't enable it :

inject nvidia.png

No need to disable it, just don't enable it :

View attachment 209840
I actually just disabled it through Clover. I think. I went in to Graphics Injector menu ->
Nvidia [+]
Then I switched it to Nvidia [_]
Just left a blank space and rebooted.
I can now use my DisplayPort cable but I still have the issue of not being able to change the resolution to fit an utrawide monitor.
There's a program called SwitchResX, but for it to make changes you need to disable SIP. And that's where the problem comes in. I can't boot into safe mode, which is of course holding down CMD+R, but it will just boot up normally.

I can't boot into safe mode, which is of course holding down CMD+R, but it will just boot up normally.

CMD+Option+R is for Macs (And it's for Recovery not Safe mode).
At the Clover screen press the spacebar and then select Safe mode from the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back