Contribute
Register

LG ultrawide 29' with GeForce GTX 760 BLACK SCREEN

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
so,
i have the LG ultrawide 29' with connected to my GeForce GTX 760 running El Capitan plugged via Displayport, I've tried HDMI and that doesn't work either.

i can't get anything to show up on the monitor. its as if theres nothing plugged in.
I've read you have to use diplayport to get higher than 1080p a lot of the times. and some guys will get there screen to show up, just not in 2560x1080 (the lg ultrawides res)

i installed nvidia web drivers and they didn't do anything.
also tried SwitchResX... nothing.. :(

i have my gtx 760 in a 1080p monitor and its fine.

any help?

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Disable Nvidia Injection
That's funny you mention that, cuz right after I posted this thread I found another article suggesting to do that and that did it!!!! So simple.

Motherboard
GA-H77N-WIFI
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
MacBook, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
so,
i have the LG ultrawide 29' with connected to my GeForce GTX 760 running El Capitan plugged via Displayport, I've tried HDMI and that doesn't work either.

i can't get anything to show up on the monitor. its as if theres nothing plugged in.
I've read you have to use diplayport to get higher than 1080p a lot of the times. and some guys will get there screen to show up, just not in 2560x1080 (the lg ultrawides res)

i installed nvidia web drivers and they didn't do anything.
also tried SwitchResX... nothing.. :(

i have my gtx 760 in a 1080p monitor and its fine.

any help?
GTX 760 is native. Doesn't require any (Graphics Injection).

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H
CPU
Intel i5 4690K
Graphics
EVGA GTX 750 FTW
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
No need to disable it, just don't enable it :

View attachment 209840
I actually just disabled it through Clover. I think. I went in to Graphics Injector menu ->
Nvidia [+]
Then I switched it to Nvidia [_]
Just left a blank space and rebooted.
I can now use my DisplayPort cable but I still have the issue of not being able to change the resolution to fit an utrawide monitor.
There's a program called SwitchResX, but for it to make changes you need to disable SIP. And that's where the problem comes in. I can't boot into safe mode, which is of course holding down CMD+R, but it will just boot up normally.

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I can't boot into safe mode, which is of course holding down CMD+R, but it will just boot up normally.
CMD+Option+R is for Macs (And it's for Recovery not Safe mode).
At the Clover screen press the spacebar and then select Safe mode from the list.