Contribute
Register

LG UltraFine 5K Build

GA-Z270X-UD5 and Alpine Ridge ? Good to know ! Is the sound working? I had troubles...

Yep GA-Z270X-UD5 and Alpine Ridge working great! The sound is also working too however when waking up from a sleep state I've noticed all the USB functions aren't recognized (not sure if theres a fix for this since I think its related to thunderbolt 3). The display still works perfectly at 5k though after waking from sleep.

Yep GA-Z270X-UD5 and Alpine Ridge working great! The sound is also working too however when waking up from a sleep state I've noticed all the USB functions aren't recognized (not sure if theres a fix for this since I think its related to thunderbolt 3). The display still works perfectly at 5k though after waking from sleep.

Hi I've got the
Gigabyte GA-Z270X gaming 5 version with alpine ridge and LG Ultrafine 5K

Could you share your settings?

Thanks for your feedback :)

Is the RX480 working fine? 9to5Mac said it crashes a lot...

I got my system booting as iMac 17.1 now (before I could only boot as 14.2), and this does not help either. The 5K display is still not recognised properly :-/ Perhaps this is a Nvidia issue, as et seems people can get it working with a 480. My issue is that the whole point of running a Hackintosh is to get Nvidia cards.

I got my system booting as iMac 17.1 now (before I could only boot as 14.2), and this does not help either. The 5K display is still not recognised properly :-/ Perhaps this is a Nvidia issue, as et seems people can get it working with a 480. My issue is that the whole point of running a Hackintosh is to get Nvidia cards.

Did you try with remote desktop to change the resolution? I don't have the Alpine Ridge yet, but I'm able to have it working with the 1080Ti in low resolution...

It works in lowres, so it is recognised just not properly, and it also shows up as two separate displays, when both dp cables are plugged in the alpine ridge card.

Hi, I have “Z270X-UD5+i7-7700K+GTX1080+GC-ALPINE RIDGE+LG Ultrafine 5K”,but always black screen with Apple logo appeared for 5-10s.
Could you share your settings?Thank you very much!

Hi Andy, I have almost the same setup as you and I can only get it working in non retina mode or 1080 retina mode. Perhaps it is somekind of AMD/Apple trickery as jsfullr's specs says he/she is running a rx 480 and not a Nvidia card. Perhaps we can collectively let Nvidia know we would like this to work:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...scal-based-graphics-card-drivers-for-macos/3/
As I and others that run 5K displays can tell you, AMD cards make running 5K monitors much simpler if you do the necessary tweaks. nVidia's 5K monitor support is incomplete and crashy at best.

Hi Andy, I have almost the same setup as you and I can only get it working in non retina mode or 1080 retina mode. Perhaps it is somekind of AMD/Apple trickery as jsfullr's specs says he/she is running a rx 480 and not a Nvidia card. Perhaps we can collectively let Nvidia know we would like this to work:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...scal-based-graphics-card-drivers-for-macos/3/
Thank you for your reply! If so that is a problem!
I had try to connect to a 4k monitor(DELL P2415Q) without GC-ALPINE RIDGE,it works normally in 3840*2160(HDPI 1080P) ,but if I connect to Ultrafine 5K with GC-ALPINE RIDGE it just black screen…

Back