Contribute
Register

LG UltraFine 5K Build

Also, this one at 6K - I wonder if the two DP in -> thunderbolt on the ProArt will drive this over its thunderbolt 4 input??

Yes, I am using Proartz490 to link the lg5k monitor, but there seems to be a slight issue. But it can be used

BTW, earlier I've posted my solution to cable re-connection problem (connecting Titan Ridge to M.2 port of motherboard). Now I don't need to reconnect anything - I see POST screen of BIOS and macOS works in 5K resolution,
Pls share which flashed version of your Titan Ridge. 23 or 43? I took the same way connecting Titan Ridge 2.0 through M2 Slot (mine is ASUS z690I), but every cold boot I still need to upplug the DP if I boot from only one monitor.

Pls share which flashed version of your Titan Ridge. 23 or 43? I took the same way connecting Titan Ridge 2.0 through M2 Slot (mine is ASUS z690I), but every cold boot I still need to upplug the DP if I boot from only one monitor.

This is not depends on Titan Ridge version.
Currently, I'm using a non-patched Titan Ridge 1.0 and I don't need to re-plug DP - macOS loads it's own firmware upon boot and LG 5K monitor turns on and works on. If I make reboot - I see BIOS without a problem. Flashing needed only if you want to see POST screen after powering on. Try to play with BIOS settings or plug Titan Ridge into other M.2 slot.

Changing the other M.2 slot and BIOS setting still don't work. Thanks anyway.

Does this problem happen only when a single monitor is connected?

But if two Thunderbolt monitors are connected (one on each of the two Thunderbolt ports), then there is no problem?

If so, have you tried using a “ghost plug” on the other Thunderbolt port?

Does this problem happen only when a single monitor is connected?
yes, it only happened with a single monitor.

But if two Thunderbolt monitors are connected (one on each of the two Thunderbolt ports), then there is no problem?
I connected two 5k monitors. one with thunderbolt(two dp in), the other is via dp from dGPU. I can see bios in the DP screen. After fully boot up, both screen will turn on.

If so, have you tried using a “ghost plug” on the other Thunderbolt port?
Already tried that, single screen will show up after fully boot up.

Just curious about why some people can see the bios screen without second monitor or "ghost plug".

Back