Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Prime Z490-A
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
RX 6950 XT
I can't get the installer (Catalina or Mojave) to boot past the "End RandomSeed" message. I built an OpenCore image manually using the guide, tried UniBeast (Clover) for both Mojave and Catalina, used the Yoga IceLake EFI both unmodified and modified, used the HP Envy 13 EFI both modified and unmodified, used several bios configs, and used many many iterations of all of the mentioned. No matter what I do, I can not get past the End RandomSeed error (or the equivalent on OpenCore). I've read a lot of threads here with many people having issues with it but very few getting it solved.

Obviously I'd like to figure out how to get past this error, but I'm also interested in what's causing things to freeze right after. Is it something with the actual RandomSeed function that's causing a crash, or is it completing that function fine but crashes when try to get to the next step of booting? What is the next step in booting after the RandomSeed part?

Hello, I have the Same Laptop as you, and i have not been able to get past the same spot. I have ran through all the opencore troubleshooting guides and still no luck getting past the

Stuck on [EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START]​

if anyone gets past this with this laptop, please let us know! if i find the answer i will post here as well.

Same exact error [EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START] and tried all the dortania trouble shooting tricks: toggling on and off the DevirtualiseMmio, SetupVirtualMap, EnableWriteUnprotector, RebuildAppleMemoryMap and SyncRuntimePermissions
. Easily installed Manjaro to dual boot with Win10 Pro: both even boot well from OC USB. But kernel panics every time when trying to install Catalina or BigSur from external... Looking forward to hearing any related updates.

Bump. Any success?

Bump, anyone have any success?

Someone said this guy got it to work and he uploaded his EFI and listed what he changed in the BIOS: https://github.com/whca/lg-gram-17z90n-EFI

In the readme, (translated using google) it says "OpenCore0.6.6, the boot card EB, cannot be used temporarily". I don't know if this means he's also stuck at the "[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START]" part (end randomseed).

I tried it and couldn't get it to work when using a 10.15 usb installer. There was a suggestion to use an earlier OC version, so I might try that when I have time later. I've blown at least 30+ hours trying to get past the randomseed error but no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back