Contribute
Register

LG 34UC88 monitor not showing correct resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I recently installed macOS Sierra (10.12.3) on my desktop computer. My monitor has a native resolution of 3440x1440, except despite my best efforts, I can't get the OS to recognize/use it. I've tried posts like this one (the effects of which are still in place btw) as well as SwitchResX, but nothing seems to be working for me. I'm using DP as my connection, and know that the cable is not an issue. Some specs:

Mobo: Gigabyte Z170M
Proc: Intel i5 6600k
GPU: ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 OC (+ Nvidia web drivers installed and in use)
RAM: 16GB EVGA DDR4 3000MHz

I'm really lost on this, any help is much appreciated!

Last edited:
Hello,

I recently installed macOS Sierra (10.12.3) on my desktop computer. My monitor has a native resolution of 3440x1440, except despite my best efforts, I can't get the OS to recognize/use it. I've tried posts like this one (the effects of which are still in place btw) as well as SwitchResX, but nothing seems to be working for me. I'm using DP as my connection, and know that the cable is not an issue. Some specs:

Mobo: Gigabyte Z170M
Proc: Intel i5 6600k
GPU: ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 OC (+ Nvidia web drivers installed and in use)
RAM: 16GB EVGA DDR4 3000MHz

I'm really lost on this, any help is much appreciated!
There is no support whatsoever for the GTX 10*0 graphics series.

Hi,
I have the same monitor ans it World with hdmi or Display. I can help you if you have the same problem.

Hi,
I have the same monitor ans it World with hdmi or Display. I can help you if you have the same problem.
Hi man, I just bought an ultrawide Samsung monitor with resolution 3440x1440. I have pretty much the same setup as you do (MoBo Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Designare, CPU Intel Core i7-6700K, I'm using integrated graphics HD 530 and I'm on Sierra 10.12.3). My Hack doesn't have the appropriate resolution for my screen and I'm not sure how I can make it work, and from what I read you managed to find a way. I usually use HDMI too. Could you please advise on how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back