Contribute
Register

Lexone's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC w/DSDT - i7-4770K - GTX780

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't doing that defeating the whole purpose to the security features to not allow foreign apps to self run? Why not just right click the app and say open, does same thing and is saved for that app.

Yes, and both options will serve the same purpose so it's really just a matter of preference. But a great point none the less!:thumbup:

1. Either allow from Anywhere (so you can install the all apps you want at one shot, then revert the option back) ........or.........
  2. Click the option prompt to just allow that single app.

Altivec, you are spamming too often on this thread asking random questions instead of trying out what I have already advised and it seems like by doing so you keep getting more and more confused.

If you use the patches that I outlined, whch I got from Toledas guides, they patch your Audio and graphics kexts to support onboard HDMI audio. In doing so, the patch makes the IGFX in Mac OS be labeled as "Iris Pro" in DPCIManager, which is not natively in our system, instead of showing it as HD4600. This is fine and your Video will still work. This has nothing to do with upgrading from 10.9.1 to 10.9.2 nor anything to do with F6 or F7 BIOS.

So do what I have already outlined and explained to you.
  • Upgrade to F7 BIOS so that you can use my DSDT, or create your own.
  • Upgrade from 10.9.1 to 10.9.2
  • Before running MultiBeast....execute the patch commands to modify the kexts to provide onboard HDMI Audio functionality...then reboot
  • After reboot, run MultiBeast and install all the neccessary drivers, including Audio ALC892 w/DSDT and the actual DSDT file.
  • Repair permissions and rebuild kext cache
  • Reboot

You should be up and running with full HDMI Audio & Video working from the onboard ports. Hope this helps buddy! :thumbup:

my apologies… ok i will do that, but skipping the HDMI patching… i do not need the feature right now.
just want to upgrade bios and osx system cause Apogee worked with Apple onto an updated usb audio driver to solve issues with usb3 (audio signal distorted).
now i using my Apogee interface with usb 3 disabled, but hope to "re-enable" the XHCI driver into F7 bios and use an external usb3 tray to backup few 1TB HDs onto a 4TB HD, with faster speed. that's it :p

Hey Lexone !
man, first of all I'd like to congratulate you on these amazing builds and thank you sincerely for not just an extensively detailed guide but also having the ability to comprehend to human behaviour and needs with patience as well as understanding- helping first time builders in panic modes as exceptionally just the way seem to understand the computers.

All right, so I'm a filmmaker and composer- i had primarily planned to build this hackintosh for video editing and music production. My purpose was not to just save some money but also perhaps be able to upgrade, repair and fix my workstation myself. And my profound love for mac and selective despise towards windows lead me to building a customac pro.

After consulting the buyer's guide my final components were-
i7 4770k processor
GA Z87x-OC motherboard
kingston hyperx blu 2x8GB KHX1600C10D3B1/8G
ZOTAC NVidia GeForce GTX760 4GB DDR5 graphics card
samsung 840 pro 128gb SSD
Kingston 300v 240Gb ssd
2x1TB seagate barracuda
corsair h100i cooling system
corsair rm750 fully modular power supply
cooler master Stryker cabinet
tp-link wdn4800 wifi card

Now, since it was my first build ever and smartly enough I looked for no specific guides for my build and followed the general guide provided for unibeast and multibeast installation, I installed the OS with a few mistakes with multibeast like- graphicsEnabler=yes(because of which my gpu wasn't identified). I actually didn't realize it for the first few days as it was showing the name of my graphics card in 'about this mac' but it also showed my CPU speed as 3.9GHz which got me confused but since my machine was running fine I didn't think it was an issue. it was only later that I saw it was not identifying my Gpu's memory and showed total VRAM as 0MB. To correct my mistake I reinstalled the drivers over the previous ones and this time ended up installing a few additional not needed drivers as we'll like the intel mixed graphics patch,etc.(I do feel pathetic and gradually shear miserable for being the worst kind of a noob).

so once this was completed, the REAL problem started...to boot my computer, it used to take 2-3seconds after the apple logo white screen appeared. Now it took more than a minute. And the famous FREEZES started to occur. They had a pattern- my hack would crash as and when I'd insert any kind of a USB device(front panel for sure and after a while even with the rear io).

i thought it was due to the fact that I had loaded extra drivers that caused a hindrance. That's when I discovered your guide, and reinstalled my os from scratch(formatting everything loaded previously). I followed your guide as it is. This entire process ended up taking my samsung ssd for mavericks to a 99% life(I'm confused about if it is a cause of concern). But nevermind, the os was installed successfully and I eventually checked the specifications-everything looked fine except my CPU speed was still 3.9GHz whereas the clock ratio in the BIOS was 35 and I don't even know how to over lock. I ran CineBench R15 got a 100fps and 752pts score, but when I ran geek bench it was showing my Ram as 16GB at 0MHz- got a 3600 single and 14600 score. And while I was running the Memtest to check my ram, I also connected my external hard drive and the system FROZE once again. This lead to delay in boot upon reset, Then Os Freezing again upon connecting the hard disk; once i pressed reset to reboot it, a strange thing happen for the first time. The computer made a weird sound instead of the boot beep and then the fans stopped for a good 10second halt and started again- it took me to the bios where it said there was a boot failure due to mismatching CPU speed or clock ratio at 3.5GHz and RAM speed/frequency reading 1333.36mhz: it then asked me if I'd like to load optimized settings and reboot. I re-entered the BIOS setting as instructed in your Guide- saved and exited.
Now the system boots with the same delay except there's a complete white screen right after the apple logo for at least half a minute before it properly begins. And the crashes/freezes occur for sure at least with the insertion of any USB device.

i really want to apologise for this post becoming an essay. I know it'll be a pain to even go through it let alone find a solution, but please I really need some help-I'm in quite an ugly situation. There are projects pending, all my work depends on this machine and I've spent more than $2500 in total on this machine, all my savings plus borrowed money has gone into it. I know I'm making it worse by typing more, including these unnecessary details as well but This is a problem I genuinely need some help to get out of- I can't seem to be able to handle it all. Please, is there any rescue possible?

Hey Lexone !
man, first of all I'd like to congratulate you on these amazing builds and thank you sincerely for not just an extensively detailed guide but also having the ability to comprehend to human behaviour and needs with patience as well as understanding- helping first time builders in panic modes as exceptionally just the way seem to understand the computers.

All right, so I'm a filmmaker and composer- i had primarily planned to build this hackintosh for video editing and music production. My purpose was not to just save some money but also perhaps be able to upgrade, repair and fix my workstation myself. And my profound love for mac and selective despise towards windows lead me to building a customac pro.

After consulting the buyer's guide my final components were-
i7 4770k processor
GA Z87x-OC motherboard
kingston hyperx blu 2x8GB KHX1600C10D3B1/8G
ZOTAC NVidia GeForce GTX760 4GB DDR5 graphics card
samsung 840 pro 128gb SSD
Kingston 300v 240Gb ssd
2x1TB seagate barracuda
corsair h100i cooling system
corsair rm750 fully modular power supply
cooler master Stryker cabinet
tp-link wdn4800 wifi card

Now, since it was my first build ever and smartly enough I looked for no specific guides for my build and followed the general guide provided for unibeast and multibeast installation, I installed the OS with a few mistakes with multibeast like- graphicsEnabler=yes(because of which my gpu wasn't identified). I actually didn't realize it for the first few days as it was showing the name of my graphics card in 'about this mac' but it also showed my CPU speed as 3.9GHz which got me confused but since my machine was running fine I didn't think it was an issue. it was only later that I saw it was not identifying my Gpu's memory and showed total VRAM as 0MB. To correct my mistake I reinstalled the drivers over the previous ones and this time ended up installing a few additional not needed drivers as we'll like the intel mixed graphics patch,etc.(I do feel pathetic and gradually shear miserable for being the worst kind of a noob).

so once this was completed, the REAL problem started...to boot my computer, it used to take 2-3seconds after the apple logo white screen appeared. Now it took more than a minute. And the famous FREEZES started to occur. They had a pattern- my hack would crash as and when I'd insert any kind of a USB device(front panel for sure and after a while even with the rear io).

i thought it was due to the fact that I had loaded extra drivers that caused a hindrance. That's when I discovered your guide, and reinstalled my os from scratch(formatting everything loaded previously). I followed your guide as it is. This entire process ended up taking my samsung ssd for mavericks to a 99% life(I'm confused about if it is a cause of concern). But nevermind, the os was installed successfully and I eventually checked the specifications-everything looked fine except my CPU speed was still 3.9GHz whereas the clock ratio in the BIOS was 35 and I don't even know how to over lock. I ran CineBench R15 got a 100fps and 752pts score, but when I ran geek bench it was showing my Ram as 16GB at 0MHz- got a 3600 single and 14600 score. And while I was running the Memtest to check my ram, I also connected my external hard drive and the system FROZE once again. This lead to delay in boot upon reset, Then Os Freezing again upon connecting the hard disk; once i pressed reset to reboot it, a strange thing happen for the first time. The computer made a weird sound instead of the boot beep and then the fans stopped for a good 10second halt and started again- it took me to the bios where it said there was a boot failure due to mismatching CPU speed or clock ratio at 3.5GHz and RAM speed/frequency reading 1333.36mhz: it then asked me if I'd like to load optimized settings and reboot. I re-entered the BIOS setting as instructed in your Guide- saved and exited.
Now the system boots with the same delay except there's a complete white screen right after the apple logo for at least half a minute before it properly begins. And the crashes/freezes occur for sure at least with the insertion of any USB device.

i really want to apologise for this post becoming an essay. I know it'll be a pain to even go through it let alone find a solution, but please I really need some help-I'm in quite an ugly situation. There are projects pending, all my work depends on this machine and I've spent more than $2500 in total on this machine, all my savings plus borrowed money has gone into it. I know I'm making it worse by typing more, including these unnecessary details as well but This is a problem I genuinely need some help to get out of- I can't seem to be able to handle it all. Please, is there any rescue possible?

Hey there! Wow was was a really long post to go thru but thank you very mush for the kind words. I enjoy helping others as it also helps me understand different situations and technologies better. I am sorry that you are having this issue. After looking at your specs, its seems that the possible culprit of the freezing, etc. could be your RAM.

...kingston hyperx blu 2x8GB KHX1600C10D3B1/8G...

This particular RAM is not listed in the buyers guide so it cannot be guaranteed to work as expected to support a hackintosh build such as this one. I would first start by unplugging all extra drives, etc. and performing a fresh install following my guide. Secondly, I would advise to purchase different RAM. Consult the following buyers guide for supported hardware.

Are you also using my DSDT in this build? Start with those suggestions and report back. :thumbup:

...After looking at your specs, its seems that the possible culprit of the freezing, etc. could be your RAM.

This particular RAM is not listed in the buyers guide so it cannot be guaranteed to work as expected to support a hackintosh build such as this one. I would first start by unplugging all extra drives, etc. and performing a fresh install following my guide. Secondly, I would advise to purchase different RAM. Consult the following buyers guide for supported hardware.

Hey Lexone,
thank you so much for such a quick reply. all right, so I actually bought all the components from this one place which is one of the few good computer markets where I live in New Delhi, India. And it turned out to be quite hard to find everything listed exactly as it is in the guide- even online it was impossible. I had to settle with these kingston hyperx blu sticks after I checked its compatibility with my mobo even though there were discussions online over concerns on how much voltage it pulls by default on the specs -1.65v (as I didn't know much about changing voltages, I only changed the XMP to profile1 in BIOS). Do you think these different voltages could be the reason ?

i will still try to go look for the matching corsair vengeance ram tomorrow but just in case I don't get it (very probable) could you suggest some other makes that in your knowledge work well with this build ?

also I can't seem to understand why my CPU shows a 3.9GHz speed when the clock ratio is set to 35 and everything is else is pretty much default only in the BIOS ?

Are you also using my DSDT in this build? Start with those suggestions and report back. :thumbup:

Yes, I followed your guide as it is. The only thing different was that I chose system definition as Mac pro3,1(just to be on the safer side). The audio on my system seems to be working great ! Even the HDMI audio in my second output screen.

Hey Lexone,
thank you so much for such a quick reply. all right, so I actually bought all the components from this one place which is one of the few good computer markets where I live in New Delhi, India. And it turned out to be quite hard to find everything listed exactly as it is in the guide- even online it was impossible. I had to settle with these kingston hyperx blu sticks after I checked its compatibility with my mobo even though there were discussions online over concerns on how much voltage it pulls by default on the specs -1.65v (as I didn't know much about changing voltages, I only changed the XMP to profile1 in BIOS). Do you think these different voltages could be the reason ?

i will still try to go look for the matching corsair vengeance ram tomorrow but just in case I don't get it (very probable) could you suggest some other makes that in your knowledge work well with this build ?

also I can't seem to understand why my CPU shows a 3.9GHz speed when the clock ratio is set to 35 and everything is else is pretty much default only in the BIOS ?

Yes, this could very well be the reason due to different voltages and it is possible that the RAM also doesn't support XMP Profile 1 which bumps it from 1333 to 1600 (basically slight OC of RAM). As you are in India, I was able to find these via Amazon.in (Amazon India).

http://www.amazon.in/dp/B006EWUO22

Yes, I followed your guide as it is. The only thing different was that I chose system definition as Mac pro3,1(just to be on the safer side). The audio on my system seems to be working great ! Even the HDMI audio in my second output screen.

OK just wanted to make sure. Try not setting the XMP to Profile 1 just for testing purposes and report back. Also, feel free to upgrade the System Definition to iMac 14,2 or the new Mac Pro 6,1. My guide shows me running 14,2 but I have change to Mac Pro 6,1 and have been stable since. Be sure to repair permissions before rebooting if you do change. IMO, you may get better results/benchmarks with a newer System Definition. Report back! :thumbup:

I don't use the iMac System Definitions as toleda's DSDT threads have indicated problems with them. I either use the default MacPro3,1 or MacMini5,2 (my Zorro Sandy Bridge systems); I don't have any sleep/wake-up problems. You might try the latest MacMin SysDef such as MacMini6,2. However, I've not tested the MacMini6,2.

The MacPro6,1 SysDef is for early adapters, IMO, as we don't have enough experience with that SysDef. Additionally, the 2013 Mac Pros are Ivy Bridge-EP systems which may have other implications for our hackintoshes.

So while I was typing out my last message, I got slightly curious and tried to change the voltage to my ram in the BIOS from 1.5v to 1.65v: that seems to have fixed the OS crash/freeze problem. Could it be that my memory was just not getting enough voltage(as was rated on the box) and hence the freezes were happening ?

but that doesn't seem to make any difference to my system reading as 3.9GHz in all the benchmark tests and 'about this mac'- Even though that isn't creating any problems in performance.
Also, my internal hard disks are taking forever to mount(at least a minute) after an entire boot till the desktop. Could it be due to installing the TRIM kext in multibeast? because this is the first time I did that and earlier this delay in mounting hard disks upon a fresh boot had never happened.

I don't use the iMac System Definitions as toleda's DSDT threads have indicated problems with them. I either use the default MacPro3,1 or MacMini5,2 (my Zorro Sandy Bridge systems); I don't have any sleep/wake-up problems. You might try the latest MacMin SysDef such as MacMini6,2. However, I've not tested the MacMini6,2.

The MacPro6,1 SysDef is for early adapters, IMO, as we don't have enough experience with that SysDef. Additionally, the 2013 Mac Pros are Ivy Bridge-EP systems which may have other implications for our hackintoshes.

Thx Stork. I wasn't referring to sleep/wake "issues" as that functionality works just fine. The problem seems to be related to the audio drivers released in MB 6.2.1 for OS X 10.9.2 where we are losing all audio after waking the machine from sleep. Only way to restore sound is to reboot. As per my previous post, a stated fix from another thread is to install the Audio kext from MB 6.1 which uses the driver from 10.9.1. So far, people have said that fixed the issue but I have not tested/confirmed from my end. I'd like to know what is causing this to happen and if we can look forward to another update (perhaps MB 6.2.2) to correct this utilizing audio driver from 10.9.2. Always look forward to hearing back from you bud. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back