Contribute
Register

Lexone's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC w/DSDT - i7-4770K - GTX780

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not use your tonymacx86 account's Profile Albums for your threads pictures. That what most of us do as it for you to use for your posts here on the Forum. :thumbup: I created an Album for each of my build descriptions and several others for miscellaneous stuff. Try it, you'll like it.

Good idea Stork...i'll give it a shot later

All pics should be working now as I took Stork's advice and uploaded them to the site. Please go back to the 1st page and have a look at the screen shots to help you out. Please let me know if you still have any troubles.

Shoutout to Stork! Thanks for the advice!:thumbup:

Your back in business. :thumbup: IMO, the Profile Albums feature is really convenient.

Your back in business. :thumbup: IMO, the Profile Albums feature is really convenient.

Agreed it is much more convenient. I know I had used it in the past and just completely forgot about this feature. Thx again for the advice, glad to be back in business! Now I will have to update the pics in my other guides as well...

Hi Lexone !

Great tutorial all my installation went smoothly !

I just have an issue with imessage and unfortunatly your pictures are still not visible...

Can you post it again ?

Thanks man ;)

Hi Lexone !

Great tutorial all my installation went smoothly !

I just have an issue with imessage and unfortunatly your pictures are still not visible...

Can you post it again ?

Thanks man ;)

That is odd because I can see them just fine when I click on the first page. Can you share a screen shot of what you see on my first page? Also, try clearing out your web history and cache then reload the page.

The instructions outline what the picture would show anyway but let me explain in a bit more detail. In order to get iMessage to work, the "Module" called FileNVRAM.dylib (version 1.1.3) needs to be installed. This can either manually be downloaded from here and then placed in the Extra\Modules folder of your system...or...you can download and run Chameleon, click Continue until you get to the screen that has the Install button. Before clicking Install, click Customize then expand Modules and select FileNVRAM and click install. This will also install an nvram plist file into the Extra folder which I believe may also be needed for both iMessage & FaceTime to work.

I have a very similar setup that I'm planning on building (just waiting for the i7-4770K to ship). My main concern is my EVGA 780 (w/ACX) which the forums indicate has difficulty with 10.9 and OpenCL. You don't seem to have any issues with yours, but we don't exactly have the same card. I'm hoping NVIDIA launches some new drivers.

Great build and explanation, I hope I get the steady results you have!

I have a very similar setup that I'm planning on building (just waiting for the i7-4770K to ship). My main concern is my EVGA 780 (w/ACX) which the forums indicate has difficulty with 10.9 and OpenCL. You don't seem to have any issues with yours, but we don't exactly have the same card. I'm hoping NVIDIA launches some new drivers.

Great build and explanation, I hope I get the steady results you have!

Thx! let me know how you make out. My card was also listed as one that may cause issues but I honestly have not had any so I feel confident that you should be fine.

hello folk, i followed you guide Lexone, not sure i did all well, cause i see iMac into info window but Mac Pro into network and in logs...

i selected iMac as definition why i see mac pro around ?
what a strange thing, its a problem ?

hello folk, i followed you guide Lexone, not sure i did all well, cause i see iMac into info window but Mac Pro into network and in logs...

i selected iMac as definition why i see mac pro around ?
what a strange thing, its a problem ?

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of what you are seeing? By default, your system gets installed with Mac Pro 3,1 system definition. Then you are manually changing it to iMac 14,2 system definition with MultiBeast. The old "Mac Pro" information may remain in the system unless manually deleted. If your "About this Mac" Windows shows iMac, then the system indeed thinks its now an iMac instead of a Mac Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back