Contribute
Register

Lexone's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC w/DSDT - i7-4770K - GTX780

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way, Catalina is actually a bloody mess if you work with pro audio software! :crazy: :lol:

Damn!!!! I use hackintosh for video editing, so far so good. maybe I'm not PRO enough~:lol:

Mojave works very well with Clover.
I also installed Catalina on second boot drive - it works, but I rather wait till next . update so that the iCloud and Mail issues are resolved. Catalina looks quite a nice update.

I agree. Historically, it's best to wait until the macOS .3 release so as have the major macOS bugs corrected and applications to mature.

Here's the link to Mojave (see step #4):

Or, if you want High Sierra, see step #4 here:

Hello @Stork !

just reading your reply now only, t's almost time to upgrade my Hackintosh !
Here i'm still on Sierra and not followed the evolving of "hackintshing" recently.
I would avoid Catalina due to so many issues with this new very "restrictively oriented" OSX version :(
So what "new" tools i need to use to install Mojave successfully with this built?
I could upgrade from Sierra or i have to install all from zero?
Is there a step by step guide ?

thanks in advance! :)

Last edited:
Hello @Stork !

just reading your reply now only, t's almost time to upgrade my Hackintosh !
Here i'm still on Sierra and not followed the evolving of "hackintshing" recently.
I would avoid Catalina due to so many issues with this new very "restrictively oriented" OSX version :(
So what "new" tools i need to use to install Mojave successfully with this built?
I could upgrade from Sierra or i have to install all from zero?
Is there a step by step guide ?

thanks in advance! :)
My advise is upgrade to Mojave. Then, use Go64 to identify your 32bit apps because Mojave is the last macOS that will support 32bit apps. Update or replace those apps. This process will get you ready for Catalina.

But, I agree with you as I've not upgraded to Catalina on my production systems. I like Mojave.

My advise is upgrade to Mojave. Then, use Go64 to identify your 32bit apps because Mojave is the last macOS that will support 32bit apps. Update or replace those apps. This process will get you ready for Catalina.

But, I agree with you as I've not upgraded to Catalina on my production systems. I like Mojave.

As "upgrade" you mean from my actual Sierra system, or doing a new fresh Mojave installation?

For the the apps I already using all 64bit software, thx ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back