Quadro 1000M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey wassssup guys,

Currently I'm trying to hackintosh El Capitan (10.11) on an old but common laptop, Aspire S3-951 (i5-2467M). I'm not too new to start this since I made kinda success with SL on a netbook Aspire One Pro P531h-1Ck back in the day, but that was really a while ago, so things had changed quite a bit since then. I guess El Capitan makes me new again, but I would love to share my experience here with you guys on this hackintosh progress. This is the very 1st thread I've ever posted, so I would do appreciate to any of your feedback, drop a line here, that may help others later on! Who knows :)

Ok, let's get started, this time let's talk abt the REBOOT LOOP on 10.11 after your installation.

My case was: I was able to get access to installation progress with USB and the whole installing work was quite smooth and straight forward. AND, I'm able to do the 1st boot with this USB. After install the FakeSMC.kext, this system is not able to boot anymore and stuck in a loop. This 'crash & reboot' progress is super fast, like a flash, so it's a bit tricky to take a snapshot, but finally did it, here it is,

File_000.jpg

So I guess I gotta fix this power management, from HERE I figure out it might be a non-proper FakeSMC.kext. They talked abt few ideas to fix it, but to get started, I have to manage to make this system 'BOOT-ABLE', here is the way to 'roll back' to the '1st boot' stage.

1. Boot into the Recovery partition with USB (this should work at least)
  2. Refer to the guide HERE,

• Select Utilities / Terminal
  • If you need to list all the unsigned kexts, run Code:
    Code:
    touch /Volumes/[I]YourDriveName[/I]/System/Library/Extensions && kextcache -Boot -U /Volumes/[I]YourDriveName[/I]/
  • Run these commands: Code:
    Code:
    mv /Volumes/[I]YourDriveName[/I]/System/Library/Extensions/[I]FakeSMC.kext[/I] /Volumes/[I]YourDriveName[/I]/Users/[I]YourUsername[/I]/
    touch /Volumes/[I]YourDriveName[/I]/System/Library/Extensions
    exit
  • select Restart from the apple menu at the top left

Now, we should be able to do '1st boot' again.

After mount the EFI of my USB, I found the reason it is able to do a '1st boot' off USB, might be because I have several kexts helps that located in the /EFI/CLOVER/kext folder on the USB. They are,

• AHCIPortInjector.kext
  • FakeSMC.kext
  • IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext
  • NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
  • VoodooPS2Controller.kext

I will give a try to install these kexts to my system, but yea, I'm here to share a detailed way to get your 'REBOOT LOOP' hackintosh back to '1st boot'. At least, there is no need to always give a refresh install after 1st-boot-try-failure

Try it if you need to, peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back