Contribute
Register

Let's talk about Broadwell's uknown(?) GPU hang/KP issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also experienced similar things on my bro laptop..
the spesification is Asus A455L with intelHD 5500, Cpu Broadwell Corei3. Ram 8Giga. 500 giga SSD.
I only install high sierra on it, with latest clover bootloader. i can change the amount of gpu ram inside the bios, so i then skip about patching framebuffer activities.. i've already used all related broadwell ig-platform-id.. but the result is same..
some time give me instant restart, and the other igplatform id gave boot stuck at scheduler throttle cap = 100ms.
but when i deleted AppleIntelBDWGraphic.kext nor boot into safe mode, i can login into desktop with correct resolution.
still look around for the solution to fix this problem.

Last edited:
I also experienced similar things on my bro laptop..
the spesification is Asus A455L with intelHD 5500, Cpu Broadwell Corei3. Ram 8Giga. 500 giga SSD.
I only install high sierra on it, with latest clover bootloader. i can change the amount of gpu ram inside the bios, so i then skip about patching framebuffer activities.. i've already used all related broadwell ig-platform-id.. but the result is same..
some time give me instant restart, and the other igplatform id gave boot stuck at scheduler throttle cap = 100ms.
but when i deleted AppleIntelBDWGraphic.kext nor boot into safe mode, i can login into desktop with correct resolution.
still look around for the solution to fix this problem.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 19.09.19.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 19.09.19.png
    149.8 KB · Views: 80
Try to eliminate links that may not be allowed on the site.
I tried removing two links and I still get the same error. Can you do anything about it as a mod?

I tried removing two links and I still get the same error. Can you do anything about it as a mod?

I don't see where you need any links for this.
The solution is only some settings in config.plist and WhateverGreen.kext+Lilu.kext.

I don't see where you need any links for this.
The solution is only some settings in config.plist and WhateverGreen.kext+Lilu.kext.
I'm trying to add the text I have highlighted. It still leads to the same error as in post #47. I don't know what I am doing wrong...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 15.24.24.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 15.24.24.png
    40.3 KB · Views: 93
I'm trying to add the text I have highlighted. It still leads to the same error as in post #47. I don't know what I am doing wrong...

My recommendation: Rewrite the entire first post, including only essential information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back