i5-7500
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Motherboard: GA H110M-S2H and i3-7100 processor. I tried to make it work with HD Graphic 630, but I had sleep/wake issues.
Because I also have a GT 730 video card (GK 208B), I tried to work with it. Until macOS Big Sur, this device has full Apple support. That's why when I set it from the BIOS, I have full functionality when working in Big Sur. Recently, however, I managed to update macOS and install Monterey 12.1, then 12.2.
But Apple has suspended support for NVIDIA devices. That's why I was looking for a way to work in macOS Monterey with the GT 730 video card set. I found on the internet a lot of indications that I used. Thus, I found the PciRoot path to the NVIDIA card. I used Hackintool to orient myself, then IOReg and found the path to the video side (GFX0) and the path to the HDMI Audio side (HDAU). I entered the two paths in DeviceProperties -> Add, as shown in the EFI folder that I attach to this post. (For the correct setting of the properties I used the fact that Big Sur has full support for GT 730, collecting them from there with IOReg. These are safe values, and the boot time is now 32 seconds. )
In short, I managed to get full support on the HDMI video side for Monterey too. What I failed to do, however, is the HDMI audio support, the only one I failed to get. So I have full support for the internal speaker, for line outputs, as well as digital audio output, but the HDMI audio output is missing. If I work with Big Sur, this HDMI Audio support exists. But in Monterey it is missing.
I found it written, that for this, you should patch AppleALC and others. My problem is that I don't know how to do this and I need help. Please help me.

Attachments

• efi_SSD_Pcie.zip
    15.4 MB · Views: 1,171
Without adding the necessary Nvidia Frameworks and kexts your Graphics card will not have full acceleration, never mind HDMI Audio.

Check this thread in the Monterey Desktop Support forum - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ic-cards-kepler-series-support-thread.316553/
I proceeded to enter in OpenCore/config.list-> DeviceProperties-> Add the parameter-value pairs exactly as they were present in Big Sur, in IOReg. Those values could not be wrong. They were missing from Monterey because Monterey no longer has Apple support for NVIDIA.
After many attempts, because I successively entered those parameter-value pairs (they are present only in EFI for the Monterey disk), I came to the aspect the DeviceProperties section now looks.
I can currently watch Netflix movies just as well on both Big Sur or Monterey systems, regardless of the look of the image. I guess it has proper graphics acceleration, doesn't it? I'm asking you, because I don't know much about graphics acceleration.
The only difference is the audio field. I only get HDMI audio in Big Sur, but not in Monterey. Here I can receive sound only in analog and digital way, but not through the HDMI cable.
I followed your answer to find the link and discovered a more elegant way to create support in Monterey for NVIDIA. I downloaded OpenCore Legacy Patcher from the internet and tried to use it. One condition for success is to disable csrutil first. I just thought I had to carry water through a sieve. Let me explain. I disabled csrutil using Recovery and entered the csrutil disable command in it's terminal, and checked to see if it was true after rebooting. Then I tried to use the application again. Same request again: "you must first disable csrutil". I then used another method, giving the appropriate value in the NVRAM section for the csr-active-config parameter, and the OC legacy patcher application returned the same rejection. I also insisted on Misc-> Security-> AllowToggleSip = true, but he didn't like it either. I even tried all three methods at the same time, but still disappointed. Then I tried other variants of the OC legacy patcher application and found only version 0.2.3 successful. I started the application and immediately received the answer: "your system is already updated". This made me happy because I think it confirms to me that I managed to create NVIDIA support in Monterey, even manually. If I succeed with the HDMI audio signal, then I will be completely satisfied. And thank you from the bottom of my heart for making time for me.

I feel very honored to receive your message. What you have written is rigorously true. Meanwhile I bought an AMD video card Radeon RX 560 and this responds to all the requirements for macOS Ventura.

On a computer with Kaby Lake processor ( like my Desktop ), it is not recommended to install Windows 11, but with the help of the Internet, I used a method that still allowed me to install. Thus, currently I have three operating systems, each on a disk, separately.

The third operating system is Ubuntu 22.04. And what I can say now is that I can't pronounce definitively, when it comes to which system is better. It depends decisively on what the person who uses the operating system can know better. As well as existing hardware.

I can work the same way on any of the three systems, so they're just as useful to me. Windows 11 was the most pleasant surprise for me, because it is extremely versatile, friendly and therefore useful. Therefore, on the laptop I deleted mojave macos ( maximum supported by haswell processor ) and I installed Windows 11.

Currently I delight randomly using one of the three systems, in order: macOS Ventura, Ubuntu. I moved Windows 11 on the laptop because I have only one license. And the laptop is most often used by me. And in Windows I have all the necessary functionalities, whether I'm at home or on the go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back