Contribute
Register

Lepus48's Asus Strix Z370-F, with i7-8700k / RX 570 / 2x 4k Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
-------

Stork
thanks for your reply...unfortunately in Australia..I can't get that particular model...even trying to get my hands on the MSI version, I'm still waiting for supplier to get an ETA..

thanks again
I'm sorry to hear that. Good luck with your efforts. :thumbup:

I am using the ASUS Rog Z370-F motherboard with the Thermaltake Core 3 case and a EVGA GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphic card with a raiser in order to have the graphic card mounted horizontal. The problem is now, how do I install the Fenvi FV-T919 802.11AC A/B/G/N/AC BT 4.0 Desktop Wifi Card since there is no place to grab onto from the PCI connector on the motherboard. What solution have others done with a similar setup?

Last edited:
... how do I install the Fenvi FV-T919 802.11AC A/B/G/N/AC BT 4.0 Desktop Wifi Card since there is no place to grab onto from the PCI connector on the motherboard...
What do you mean "grab onto"? If you're talking about the USB connection from the card to a motherboard USB header, check your Users Manual for a diagram of the motherboard's headers/connections.

@Lepus48 - thanks so much for your post, I went with a AMD RX 570 which works like a dream in my trusty i5 3570 machine. Instal and upgrade required two things - Graphics Injectors and Reload my most recent MultiBeast go get sound back. Eventually I'll upgrade the MoBo and CPU but its good for what I need at the moment.
Hack10.13.6 rx570 build.png

Thanks for the guide! I just upgraded my i7 4790k to this build, but I'm using a GTX 1080. No idea how to get it the 1080 work again. Any ideas?

*update* Works great with Whatevergreen...

But something strange happened: I have a Bluetooth card (BCM943602CS) that stopped working after a reboot. Wasn't able to connect my keyboard/mouse. I'm not able to get it run again with the internal USB ports on the mainboard (USB910, also the other one doesn't work). Currently I plugged the card using a longer USB cable from the back, that works. Strange. Guess it's a USB limit problem. Don't know much about patching DSDT or so.

Last edited:
I have the z370-f gaming, which doesn't have builtin Wifi or Bluetooth. Maybe you have a different board?

For Wifi and Bluetooth, I use the Fenvi FV-T919 linked in the post. Its the tiny card on installed on the bottom PCI-express slot. macOS detects it as an Airport Extreme and no special drivers or configs are needed. The company that makes them explicitly lists hackintosh support and I think they must be using the exact chipsets as a real Apple Broadcom Airport Extreme.
Does that Fenvi card come with Bluetooth and WiFi already on it, or do you have to add them. There seems to be a couple of different versions on Amazon.

Does that Fenvi card come with Bluetooth and WiFi already on it, or do you have to add them. There seems to be a couple of different versions on Amazon.
Yes, the Fenvi FV-T919 has 4 antennas with WiFi and Bluetooth. When Amazon is out of the T919, it switches the link to another Fenvi card which is not ac1300 nor has Bluetooth. So, be careful.

I recommend you use Google or eBay to find the Fenvi FV-T919.

Hey there,

When you and Lepus48 say you have the MSI RX 570... Is this the one?
https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/Radeon-RX-570-ARMOR-8G-OC

I'm looking really hard at this card as NewEgg.ca has it for $219.99 CDN with a $20 rebate. Was the install easy for you?

Alternatively, Amazon Canada has the officially supported XFX Radeon 570 that is listed on the buyers guide here for $256 CDN, the lowest it's ever been here. So I am a little torn as with the rebate that's a $50 saving for the MSI over the XFX one.

@Lepus48 - thanks so much for your post, I went with a AMD RX 570 which works like a dream in my trusty i5 3570 machine. Instal and upgrade required two things - Graphics Injectors and Reload my most recent MultiBeast go get sound back. Eventually I'll upgrade the MoBo and CPU but its good for what I need at the moment. View attachment 352300

@planet - Yes that's the one. Easy install, it requires an 8 pin PCIe socket with sufficient power. Depending on your system and what you're running you might need to consider more power. That said I have a low power overhead 2 x SSD, 1 x HHD, stock intel CPU fan, and 2 smaller CoolerMaster case fans. Goes fine with the 550W power supply.
In Australia everything is more expensive due to the perceived freight cost - I paid AUD$299 (CAD$294) so I think your price sounds appealing, especially with a rebate.
Again my rationale with AMD was it just works, it seems to be an Apple preferred standard - I did not want to be trawling the forums trying to work out how to get some other GPU working, been there done that - waste of time.

Good luck with it!

Hey there,

When you and Lepus48 say you have the MSI RX 570... Is this the one?
https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/Radeon-RX-570-ARMOR-8G-OC

I'm looking really hard at this card as NewEgg.ca has it for $219.99 CDN with a $20 rebate. Was the install easy for you?

Alternatively, Amazon Canada has the officially supported XFX Radeon 570 that is listed on the buyers guide here for $256 CDN, the lowest it's ever been here. So I am a little torn as with the rebate that's a $50 saving for the MSI over the XFX one.

Cool, that is great info to know! For me, I want AMD for two reasons; that I want to use it with FCPX and Radeon's are better suited from what I can tell than their Nvidia counterparts and also that they just seem to work out of the box from what I've read for hackintoshs. The sale price on that card in Canada goes to Sunday which is great because... AMD is set to release the RX 590 on the 15th. My hope is that the 590's release will result in the 580's, 570's, and 560's going even lower in pricing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back