Graphics
GeForce745M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have installed Mavericks on my Z710 using UniBeast and Multibeast. I was able to get ethernet and display (after disabling NVIDIA GT745M in Bios) working. But, when I tried to install Audio using Multibeast, I ran into various problems.

I tried installing VoodooHDA 2.7.2 or 2.8.4 using Multibeast. After installation, I cannot successfully boot up unless I boot in Safe mode (-x). I have also tried modifying the IOPCIClassMatch to IOPCIPrimaryMatch and that did not help either.

Based on looking at the device drivers under Windows 8, the Z710 has Intel HDA through HDMI (x0c0c8086) and IDT 7695 CODEC (111d/7695) on (x8c208086).

I have since tried VoodooHDA 2.8.5 (Slice + AnV), and that produced the same result (i.e., cannot boot up).

I have also attempted to follow the manual procedure as outlined by THe KiNG. The link that is referenced to create the PinConfigOverRides is no longer working. I manually created the conversion which was not too bad. However, I cannot locate a working voodoohdahelper to work with my laptop. There is a getdump that was installed as part of the 2.8.4 and 2.8.5; however, that doesn't seem to be working...at least, it didn't create any dump file for me.

Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks.

DCard

------------------
Lenovo IdeaPad Z710, i7-4700MQ, 16GB, NVIDIA GeForce GT745M, Intel HM86 Chipset,
Intel Wireless-N 7260 (with Bluetooth), Qualcomm Atheros AR817x, Intel HDA,
IDT 7695

I have installed Mavericks on my Z710 using UniBeast and Multibeast. I was able to get ethernet and display (after disabling NVIDIA GT745M in Bios) working. But, when I tried to install Audio using Multibeast, I ran into various problems.

Your laptop must have both Intel HD and nvidia. Please update your profile as it is incorrect...

I tried installing VoodooHDA 2.7.2 or 2.8.4 using Multibeast. After installation, I cannot successfully boot up unless I boot in Safe mode (-x). I have also tried modifying the IOPCIClassMatch to IOPCIPrimaryMatch and that did not help either.

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

I have updated my system below.

I have attempted to use the patched AppleHDA manually. However, I was having problem locating a working copy of voodoohdahelper. What is the best way of obtaining one, or extracting that tool out? Thanks.

DCard

------------------
Lenovo IdeaPad Z710, i7-4700MQ, 16GB, Intel HD/NVIDIA GeForce GT745M, Intel HM86 Chipset,
IDT 7695

I have updated my system below.

I have attempted to use the patched AppleHDA manually. However, I was having problem locating a working copy of voodoohdahelper. What is the best way of obtaining one, or extracting that tool out? Thanks.

DCard

------------------
Lenovo IdeaPad Z710, i7-4700MQ, 16GB, Intel HD/NVIDIA GeForce GT745M, Intel HM86 Chipset,
IDT 7695

You don't need VoodooHDAHelper with AppleHDA.

You don't need VoodooHDAHelper with AppleHDA.

By reading the manual procedure posted by THe KiNG, I thought the codec_dump.txt was needed to run verbit. Should I be using a different guide?

Also, the VoodooHDA 2.8.5 (Slice + AnV) supposedly provides IDT 7695. Should I manually install it? Any advice you have on manually installing it? Or should I just use the package to install automatically?

I thought Lenovo Z710 uses UEFI. Should I still use DSDT? I followed Multibeast 6's instruction and did not use DSDT. Would you recommend to install using DSDT? Thanks.

By reading the manual procedure posted by THe KiNG, I thought the codec_dump.txt was needed to run verbit. Should I be using a different guide?

Also, the VoodooHDA 2.8.5 (Slice + AnV) supposedly provides IDT 7695. Should I manually install it? Any advice you have on manually installing it? Or should I just use the package to install automatically?

I thought Lenovo Z710 uses UEFI. Should I still use DSDT? I followed Multibeast 6's instruction and did not use DSDT. Would you recommend to install using DSDT? Thanks.

I've never used VoodooHDA, and you don't need any VoodooHDA components to use patched AppleHDA. If you're asking me about how to configure VoodooHDA ... sorry... I know nothing about it and usually recommend patched AppleHDA over VoodooHDA.

For full functionality (or as close as you can get to it) all laptops require use of DSDT edits. Desktops are a different story, mainly because of the lack of specialized hardware that laptops have.

...usually recommend patched AppleHDA over VoodooHDA.

For full functionality (or as close as you can get to it) all laptops require use of DSDT edits. Desktops are a different story, mainly because of the lack of specialized hardware that laptops have.

I am planning on doing the manual AppleHDA edit...Any suggestions on using the codec_dump.txt to run verbit? Thanks.

I am planning on doing the manual AppleHDA edit...Any suggestions on using the codec_dump.txt to run verbit? Thanks.

I've never done an end-to-end AppleHDA edit (never been necessary). My only suggestion: read/follow whatever guide(s) you may have found.

You should see if there is already a patched AppleHDA for your codec instead of starting from scratch.

hey there I have the same laptop as you and was wondering how you got the Ethernet to work. any help would be awesome!

hey there I have the same laptop as you and was wondering how you got the Ethernet to work. any help would be awesome!

Ethernet: What Ethernet chipset do you have? Use DPCIManager->PCIList to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back