Contribute
Register

Lenovo Z710 - Internal Speaker not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am planning on doing the manual AppleHDA edit...Any suggestions on using the codec_dump.txt to run verbit? Thanks.

Did you end up doing any edits to your AppleHDA?

I have an HP Split x2 and it has the same IDT audio codec and I have working Speakers and Internal Mic (no noise control yet) No headphones and No external mic.

If you have not started I can help you try to get sound on your machine. I have begun editing the AppleHDA kext and I have some progress. I rather take my time an edit an actual AppleHDA kext rather then use VooDooHDA as I have never had any good results with it.

I have sound but its low. Almost the same as stock intel audio drivers, but on Windows as you know after IDT audio driver install audio gets louder. (I did a fresh install of Windows 8.1 to test this out in particular.)

On my machine I'm using an app called BOOM to get audio to work at my desired level. (the app amplifies the sound)
If amplified past 50% BOOM level audio may cut out as it does for me. Sleep/wake or restart will bring audio back.

anyhow let me know your thoughts.

Did you end up doing any edits to your AppleHDA?

I have an HP Split x2 and it has the same IDT audio codec and I have working Speakers and Internal Mic (no noise control yet) No headphones and No external mic.

If you have not started I can help you try to get sound on your machine. I have begun editing the AppleHDA kext and I have some progress. I rather take my time an edit an actual AppleHDA kext rather then use VooDooHDA as I have never had any good results with it.

I have sound but its low. Almost the same as stock intel audio drivers, but on Windows as you know after IDT audio driver install audio gets louder. (I did a fresh install of Windows 8.1 to test this out in particular.)

On my machine I'm using an app called BOOM to get audio to work at my desired level. (the app amplifies the sound)
If amplified past 50% BOOM level audio may cut out as it does for me. Sleep/wake or restart will bring audio back.

anyhow let me know your thoughts.
hi, i´m also working on this audio issue,
can you share your AppleHDA.kext ?
thanks

hi, i´m also working on this audio issue,
can you share your AppleHDA.kext ?
thanks

Sorry but I sold my unit a while ago.

Have you tried the latest method of using AppleALC to enable audio?
here is the link to the latest compiled release https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/releases
and here is the supported codecs page https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/wiki/Supported-codecs

Give that a try, if that does not work I may be able to dig up some old files. Big emphasis on MAY.

Sorry but I sold my unit a while ago.

Have you tried the latest method of using AppleALC to enable audio?
here is the link to the latest compiled release https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/releases
and here is the supported codecs page https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/wiki/Supported-codecs

Give that a try, if that does not work I may be able to dig up some old files. Big emphasis on MAY.
yep,
i've tried AppleALC and several AppleHDAPatches (280,282,269), my codec seems to be IDT7695 but i can't find the right patch to AppleHDA,

w/ AppleALC + Lilu dpcimanager shows both audio devices (NULL codec & IDT unknown) :
Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 11.45.56.png

AppleHDAPatcher deects codec 0x111d7695:
AppleHDAPatcher - v1.4
Drag codec folder on window to process it
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Codecs Detecteds:
Vendor: ONBOARD
Name:
Codec: 0x111d7695

Last edited:
Solved!!!!:headbang::headbang:

Just adding Voodoo 2.9.0.d10 via MultiBeast the audio is working!

Still codecs not displayed in dpciManager but in sys prefs,
Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 13.14.44.png

uploaded updated EFI,
added linux CodecDump
Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 13.36.45.png

Attachments

• EFI-lenovo z710.zip
    20.2 MB · Views: 110
  • CodecDump-20180420T113109Z-001.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 95
Last edited by a moderator:
Just adding Voodoo 2.9.0.d10 via MultiBeast the audio is working!

I'v never been a fan of Voodoo, but hey if it works why not.

Did you try the AppleALC method?

I looked and did not see that codec supported, but could be an option.

Edit" sorry didn't see you gave AppleALC a go in your previous post.

I'v never been a fan of Voodoo, but hey if it works why not.

Did you try the AppleALC method?

I looked and did not see that codec supported, but could be an option.

Edit" sorry didn't see you gave AppleALC a go in your previous post.
rigth: AppleALC only doesn't work, but with voodoo it does and also AirPlay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back