Lenovo Z70-80 neewbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
Intel I7 5500u
Graphics
NVidia GeForce 840M
Hi to everyone,
I'm new in the Hackintosh field and in the last 3 days I've tried to hack my lenovo Z70-80 with no success!
I've some questions and I've tried to answer it reading some thread in the forum but I'm so confused ahah

UEFI or BIOS? anyone can link me anything to understand if for my laptop it's better UEFI or BIOS boot?
My CPU is a broadwell and I read there is some problem with it! I've downloaded a config.plist and kexts for my laptop but nothing work (I'll upload it)! If anyone have better kexts or config.plist let me know :)
The error that I've seen is : "couldn't allocate runtime area", "no cache"a screen with white apple logo followed by a prohibition sign and a line made up of lot of +!

THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE TO EVERYONE WHO WILL HELP ME <3

Attachments

• ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext.zip
    173.9 KB · Views: 129
  • config.plist
    10 KB · Views: 196
  • FakeSMC.kext.zip
    157.5 KB · Views: 143
  • NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip
    23.8 KB · Views: 103
  • RealtekRTL8111.kext.zip
    84 KB · Views: 127
Hi to everyone,
I'm new in the Hackintosh field and in the last 3 days I've tried to hack my lenovo Z70-80 with no success!
I've some questions and I've tried to answer it reading some thread in the forum but I'm so confused ahah

UEFI or BIOS? anyone can link me anything to understand if for my laptop it's better UEFI or BIOS boot?
My CPU is a broadwell and I read there is some problem with it! I've downloaded a config.plist and kexts for my laptop but nothing work (I'll upload it)! If anyone have better kexts or config.plist let me know :)
The error that I've seen is : "couldn't allocate runtime area", "no cache"a screen with white apple logo followed by a prohibition sign and a line made up of lot of +!

THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE TO EVERYONE WHO WILL HELP ME <3

Not a desktop. Moved to laptop support.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

I've already red it but I've not understood all! In fact I've posted this thread

Firstly if for my laptop is better boot in BIOS or in UEFI! Secondly I've tried to fix the problem of DVMT-prealoc but no result!

I created a new thread because Maybe have major relevance

Firstly if for my laptop is better boot in BIOS or in UEFI! Secondly I've tried to fix the problem of DVMT-prealoc but no result!

I created a new thread because Maybe have major relevance

You should use UEFI.
If you can't set DVMT prealloc, use the minStolenSize patch, as per guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back