i7-4770
Graphics
HD7950
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a Lenovo Z580; Intel i5 IvyBridge, Intel HD4000, 6GB DDR3 RAM, 128GB SSD. Everything is working well. ( I used this tutorial[Work In Progress] Lenovo Z580 ML Installation) I have only just discovered that VGA port on the laptop does not work, when plugged into a monitor, the monitor gets signal then immediately loses it again. The HDMI works flawlessly.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance :)

I have a Lenovo Z580; Intel i5 IvyBridge, Intel HD4000, 6GB DDR3 RAM, 128GB SSD. Everything is working well. ( I used this tutorial[Work In Progress] Lenovo Z580 ML Installation) I have only just discovered that VGA port on the laptop does not work, when plugged into a monitor, the monitor gets signal then immediately loses it again. The HDMI works flawlessly.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance :)

VGA does not work. Use HDMI instead.

Lenovo Z580 ML 10.8.5 VGA Port + HDMI Audio

Okaay, thanks. The HDMI works, but is there a way to enable the audio of it? Or is that redundant like the VGA? Thank you :)

Okaay, thanks. The HDMI works, but is there a way to enable the audio of it? Or is that redundant like the VGA? Thank you :)

For HDMI audio, you need to patch AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext. And there a couple of DSDT patches maybe you already have in place ("hda-gfx"->"onboard-1" in both HDEF and IGPU).

There is an entire forum with guides and such for HDMI-audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back