Contribute
Register

Lenovo Z580 Mav Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. So battery saver is off. As the software no longer exists. There is no option in the bios. Never used it.

How do I know whether DSDT is buggy or not?

I am currently going through your thread on patched DSDT for battery status.

The last option is to buy a new battery which is *hopefully* the last resort. :p

Get details battery status whn running Windows. Compare.

Hello Z580-Mavericks Users,

I hope to find help with my USB problem here.
I have a Z580 with an Intel Core i7-3520M and 6GB of RAM.
The Installation of Mountain-Lion and the upgrade to Mavericks did work very well, especially with the help of Rehabman and birkley's thread.
I have pretty much everything working: Sound, WLAN, Bluetooth, Battery. My big problem is USB-3 with sleep.

Problem:
1.) If I keep the original IOUSBFamily.kext without any USB related DSDT patches then I can use the USB3 ports but have no sleep (system waking up immediately with the wake reason "EHC1 EHC2").

If I rename the AppleUSBXHCI.kext inside the IOUSBFamily.kext then it is exactly the same! I can use the USB ports, but I don't have sleep!

So I tried three DSDT patches: Rehabman's "USB_7-series", his "USB_7-series-multiplex" and the edits posted in Post#2 where you have to manually do different things to your DSDT.

The multiplex patch and these "manual patches" from #2 both lead to the same situation: No sleep, working ports. The "USB_7-series.txt" patch enables sleep, but disables the USB3 ports. No device is recognized any longer - no matter which IOUSBFamily.kext I use (with or without the renamed **XHCI**).

Do you have any ideas for me?

Thank you very much

Hello Z580-Mavericks Users,

I hope to find help with my USB problem here.
I have a Z580 with an Intel Core i7-3520M and 6GB of RAM.
The Installation of Mountain-Lion and the upgrade to Mavericks did work very well, especially with the help of Rehabman and birkley's thread.
I have pretty much everything working: Sound, WLAN, Bluetooth, Battery. My big problem is USB-3 with sleep.

Problem:
1.) If I keep the original IOUSBFamily.kext without any USB related DSDT patches then I can use the USB3 ports but have no sleep (system waking up immediately with the wake reason "EHC1 EHC2").

If I rename the AppleUSBXHCI.kext inside the IOUSBFamily.kext then it is exactly the same! I can use the USB ports, but I don't have sleep!

So I tried three DSDT patches: Rehabman's "USB_7-series", his "USB_7-series-multiplex" and the edits posted in Post#2 where you have to manually do different things to your DSDT.

The multiplex patch and these "manual patches" from #2 both lead to the same situation: No sleep, working ports. The "USB_7-series.txt" patch enables sleep, but disables the USB3 ports. No device is recognized any longer - no matter which IOUSBFamily.kext I use (with or without the renamed **XHCI**).

Do you have any ideas for me?

Thank you very much

Try:
- stock USB kexts
- "7-series/8-series USB" from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
- install GenericUSBXHCI.kext and use -gux_defer_usb2 kernel flag

I did exactly that.

As always your precise information lead to SUCCESS! :thumbup: Both USB3 ports work (probably at USB2 speed?) and sleep does too.

Thank you very much! :clap:

I did exactly that.

As always your precise information lead to SUCCESS! :thumbup: Both USB3 ports work (probably at USB2 speed?) and sleep does too.

Thank you very much! :clap:

GenericUSBXHCI.kext does support USB3 speeds. But, of course, you'll have to plug in an actual USB3 device.

Oh, ok! Once I have a SuperSpeed device I will try it.

Since I hadn't heared of the "-gux_defer" KernelFlag before, I assumed it would kind of "downgrade" the USB3 ports - or make the system see them as USB2 ports.

Oh, ok! Once I have a SuperSpeed device I will try it.

Since I hadn't heared of the "-gux_defer" KernelFlag before, I assumed it would kind of "downgrade" the USB3 ports - or make the system see them as USB2 ports.

It simply "defers" USB2 devices to AppleUSBEHCI (Apple USB2 drivers).

There can be no "downgrade" of a USB2 device plugged into a USB3 port. A USB2 device is not capable of USB3 speeds anyway.

I have a Z580 i5-3210M I have been running ML on for some time but the update to MAV has got gone so good. I was looking into starting fresh with a SSD and a clean USB with the latest Clover and 10.9.X but was hoping someone in the forum has some suggestions before I try this again.

Robbie

I have a Z580 i5-3210M I have been running ML on for some time but the update to MAV has got gone so good. I was looking into starting fresh with a SSD and a clean USB with the latest Clover and 10.9.X but was hoping someone in the forum has some suggestions before I try this again.

Robbie

Probably no ideas will be offered without details on the specific problem you have encountered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back