Contribute
Register

Lenovo z510 Yosemite apple reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,
I have installed Mac OS on my laptop but I am unable to change its brightness.
There is neither any brightness slider inside SystemPreferences/Display nor Fn keys for inc/dec brightness are working. Only Display and color options are available inside SystemPreferences/Display.
Any method to correct this?

Thanks!

you need to patch your dsdt/ssdt
read this topic for details http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ching-dsdt-ssdt-laptop-backlight-control.html

Hey I'm completely new to Mac OS. I was not able to understand what has been given there.
So, I would like to follow this one :
"Although it is easy to make it load by adding a PNLF device (aka "Brightness Fix" from my laptop repo), it will likely not work correctly."
For now I only want to decrease the brightness because it is running at 100% and really hurts my eyes.
Can you please explain me how can I do this?

Thanks!

Hey I'm completely new to Mac OS. I was not able to understand what has been given there.
So, I would like to follow this one :
"Although it is easy to make it load by adding a PNLF device (aka "Brightness Fix" from my laptop repo), it will likely not work correctly."
For now I only want to decrease the brightness because it is running at 100% and really hurts my eyes.
Can you please explain me how can I do this?

Thanks!

Read/follow the guide linked at post #72.

Read/follow the guide linked at post #72.

"In order to implement brightness you must have working graphics drivers (QE/CI)"

How can I get to know that graphic drivers are working fine or not, any terminal command which depicts that?

Hello everyone,
I have z510 too with i5 4200 and i have to use cpus=1 for booting otherwise it hangs at somewhere of boot process. I have ssdt generated by piker alpha's ssdtPRGen.sh and have DSDT and SSDt's from linux patched and fixed. By using this thread http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/295587-power-management-for-sandyivy-bridgehaswell-cpus/ i have correct power management (i assume) but although things i've done, I'm not able to boot without cpus=1. Is there any solution except kernel lapic patch in clover?
as you can see from my profile i have the same laptop. i tried everything i think of to solve this problem with no success .
the only solution that worked for me is to install clover in legacy mode. so i guess the problem is with cloverUEFI drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back