Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell XPS 13 9360
CPU
Intel i7-8550U
Graphics
Intel HD620
Hi there! :D
I just succesfully installed OSX Yosemite on my Levono Z50-70 using Clover as Bootloader (UEFI).
First of all, you have to know i'm not a PRO on Hackintosh, i'm learning^^

This laptop has an Intel HD4400 and a Nvidia GT840M.

Let's start with what i would like to have: a fully-working hackintosh with integrated-discrete graphics card switch (i would like to play some steam games, like in windows), brightness and power management etc.. For wireless/bluetooth is not a problem, i can change the cards if necessary! :D

The only problem is that i have no idea on where i have to start to do that.

What I did:
-Installed Yosemite (boot with -v dart=0 nv_disable=1)
-Installed Clover on HDD (still need to boot with nv_disable=1)
-Used Multibeast for Yosemite to install VodooHDA (Audio), Trackpad and others.

What doesn't work:
-Video quality on menu bar is quite bad (monitor is in 1920x1080, and Intel HD4400 is recognized)
-No WiFi
-No Ethernet
-FN Keys //Volume FN Keys Works!
-Battery Stats

I know that for the last 2 problems i have to make a patched DSDT, but i don't know where I have to start.

Thank you for your help! :)

Let's start with what i would like to have: a fully-working hackintosh with integrated-discrete graphics card switch (i would like to play some steam games, like in windows),

You would need to purchase a Mac for that. The discrete graphics device in a switched dual-GPU configuration is not supported. Best you can do is disable it with DSDT/SSDT edits such that you can keep it enabled and still use it in Windows.

brightness and power management etc

Read the stickies here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/

You would need to purchase a Mac for that. The discrete graphics device in a switched dual-GPU configuration is not supported. Best you can do is disable it with DSDT/SSDT edits such that you can keep it enabled and still use it in Windows.

Read the stickies here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/

Hello!
Thank you for the answer!

So, i cannot use the discrete graphics device in any way? Even if I disable the integrate one from BIOS?
Tomorrow i'll look and follow that guides!

Thank you again!

Hello!
Thank you for the answer!

So, i cannot use the discrete graphics device in any way? Even if I disable the integrate one from BIOS?
Tomorrow i'll look and follow that guides!

Thank you again!

If your BIOS allows you to disable the Intel graphics, then you can attempt to use the nvidia. Not all BIOS implementations have that option.

If your BIOS allows you to disable the Intel graphics, then you can attempt to use the nvidia. Not all BIOS implementations have that option.

Hello!
Sorry for the late answer, i was busy^^
Now I can work in this :)

I've checked BIOS and there is no option to use only the discrete card (there is one to use only the integrated one). So, I would like to make a Dual Boot, and use the discrete in Windows :)

Now i'm installing, i'll tell you later if something wrong! :D

Hello!
Sorry for the late answer, i was busy^^
Now I can work in this :)

I've checked BIOS and there is no option to use only the discrete card (there is one to use only the integrated one). So, I would like to make a Dual Boot, and use the discrete in Windows :)

Now i'm installing, i'll tell you later if something wrong! :D

Please update your profile....

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Please update your profile....

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Done, installing Windows to find Mobo Chipset ;)

Done, installing Windows to find Mobo Chipset ;)

It is not really important. We know from the CPU that it is either HM86/HM87 (or QM?). It is 8-series and that's all you need to know. Mixed configurations like what we see with Sandy+7-series or Ivy+6-series are not a possibility with Haswell (because the sockets are incompatible).

It is not really important. We know from the CPU that it is either HM86/HM87 (or QM?). It is 8-series and that's all you need to know. Mixed configurations like what we see with Sandy+7-series or Ivy+6-series are not a possibility with Haswell (because the sockets are incompatible).

Having trouble to install Windows in Dual Boot on the same HDD. When i install Yosemite i make 2 GUID partitions, but when i go to install Windows it tells me that the disk is MBR and don't go on...
I've tried to install before Windows too, but when i go to boot Yosemite install it goes into "recovery install", and not the normal install.

Followed many tutorials, but still stucked.

Having trouble to install Windows in Dual Boot on the same HDD. When i install Yosemite i make 2 GUID partitions, but when i go to install Windows it tells me that the disk is MBR and don't go on...
I've tried to install before Windows too, but when i go to boot Yosemite install it goes into "recovery install", and not the normal install.

Followed many tutorials, but still stucked.

There is no such thing as a GUID partition. The partition method (GPT) applies to disks, not partitions.

The key is to not create any MS-DOS partitions within Disk Utility. Doing so will create a GPT/MBR hybrid, which Windows will see as MBR. Create empty space instead and use the Windows installer to create the Windows partitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back