GA-Z390-I
CPU
I7
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Hi guys, just upgraded to Catalina, everything is running pretty well except I can not patch brightness key at all,

I just can't do it, used Rehabman guide and the Acpidebug gives no respond in the console app, (dsdt patched step by step)
I've seen rehabman telling somewhere it may be a GPLA method and not an EC one,

can someone at least give me a hint? I just wanna use my keyboard builtin keys to control brightness,
I'm using no *backlight*.kext and cant find any relative information online...
i'm truly desperate

both of my debugged and regular dsdt attached.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    181.3 KB · Views: 90
  • DSDT-debug.aml
    183.4 KB · Views: 99
Did you ever figure it out? I'm not an expert but these have worked for me on some other hacks.

Have you tried.
For brightness hotkeys you can use this patch here: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/305030-guide-how-to-fix-brightness-hotkeys-in-dsdt/

My methods look like this for me (fn+f11/f12) and looking at your device I think it should work the same:

Code:
        Method (_Q1C, 0, NotSerialized)  // _Qxx: EC Query
        {
            Notify (KBD0, 0x0206)
            Notify (KBD0, 0x0286)
        }

Method (_Q1D, 0, NotSerialized)  // _Qxx: EC Query
        {
            Notify (KBD0, 0x0205)
            Notify (KBD0, 0x0285)
        }

Use KBD0 instead of PS2M in the patch (like above)

or

Karabiner-Elements

I'm having trouble with the Catalina up grade will please share you share your EFI and error reporting files?

Karibiner takes 10 seconds to configure, same end result.

Hi guys, just upgraded to Catalina, everything is running pretty well except I can not patch brightness key at all,

I just can't do it, used Rehabman guide and the Acpidebug gives no respond in the console app, (dsdt patched step by step)
I've seen rehabman telling somewhere it may be a GPLA method and not an EC one,

can someone at least give me a hint? I just wanna use my keyboard builtin keys to control brightness,
I'm using no *backlight*.kext and cant find any relative information online...
i'm truly desperate

both of my debugged and regular dsdt attached.
Hi. i'm using Yoga C930 running Mojave. How did you successfully upgrade to Catalina?

Hi. i'm using Yoga C930 running Mojave. How did you successfully upgrade to Catalina?

I used a flash installer created by using the 10.15.5 install files from App Store. Then installed clover to that usb with iMarty's pre-installation kext in EFI/Clover/kext/Other. Keyboard and mouse did not work for install, although, once installed, I used the post-installation kext and followed the 99% guide to get most of the stuff working. I may have even had to install using the USB Hub's HDMI display (can't recall). The cons of the installation are sound not working and no switching back to 4k (it is 1080). Pros: Touchscreen, mouse, and keyboard now all work. I would just like to get sound working as I purchased Final Cut to edit videos on this device and have to use my Roland VR-4HD external video mixer's sound card to hear what's going on. To retort, prior to installing whatevergreen HDMI output worked on the USB HUB, now when I plug in an HDMI the computer reboots without warning. Still, edits video like a dream! hope this helps.

I used a flash installer created by using the 10.15.5 install files from App Store. Then installed clover to that usb with iMarty's pre-installation kext in EFI/Clover/kext/Other. Keyboard and mouse did not work for install, although, once installed, I used the post-installation kext and followed the 99% guide to get most of the stuff working. I may have even had to install using the USB Hub's HDMI display (can't recall). The cons of the installation are sound not working and no switching back to 4k (it is 1080). Pros: Touchscreen, mouse, and keyboard now all work. I would just like to get sound working as I purchased Final Cut to edit videos on this device and have to use my Roland VR-4HD external video mixer's sound card to hear what's going on. To retort, prior to installing whatevergreen HDMI output worked on the USB HUB, now when I plug in an HDMI the computer reboots without warning. Still, edits video like a dream! hope this helps.
can you please upload your efi folder
have same model and I can't event install catalina
or any macOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back