Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo Yoga Book C930
CPU
M3-7Y30
Graphics
HD 615, 2560x1600
[11/4/2019]
I picked this up few days ago, and got the QE/CI working. I removed -disablegfxfirmware and uses 0x591E8086 in FakeID and it start working.

The screen is in portrait, but with Rotate Display Menu, I can change the rotation to landscape.

The weird thing is the Keyboard stop working. I guess it is because I upgraded the E-Ink firmware. With Windows, I can see an USB keyboard and a PS2 Keyboard, but if I uninstall the PS2 Keyboard, the keyboard still working. If I uninstall the USB Keyboard, the keyboard then stop working. If I scan the hardware, the USB and PS2 Keyboard comes back again. I am stuck again...

[Original Post]
Yoga Book C930 (aka. Yoga Book 2) has dual-display, with Windows installed, the E-Ink display could turn to a keyboard.

Here goes the configuration:
  • CPU: Intel Core M3 7Y30
  • Memory: 4GB
  • Disk: HFM 128G
  • Graphic: Intel Graphics HD 615
  • Sound: Realtek ALC 298, LayoutID: 21
  • Wireless: Intel Wireless AC 8265
  • With 2 Type C ports

I decided to install hackintosh days ago, followed RehabMan's guide, I installed macOS in an external SSD.

With a invalid ig-platform-id, I can also enter the OS with the internal display (the screen is in portrait though), the E-Ink keyboard works unexpectedly, external keyboard and ethernet also works connecting to Type C.

The hard part comes to the QE/CI, I figured out I need to patch AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer to get the kext to load. Then Type C to VGA adapter start working.

With Hackintool, I can confirm that both Type C ports works as expected without patch (type: DP, both Bus ID and flags looks OK). But the internal display always wont work. It always turns black during the boot process. As I searched, there are some cases that the screen is black just because there is no backlight control. But in this case, it seems the display is not detected. I connected with Screen Sharing or VGA display, not seeing another display in the OS.

With the external display, I patched the DSDT, so the battery works, also find out the layout-id for AppleHDA. Tried different Bus ID and type with Hackintool, the internal display never light up. Of course, the EDID didn't work either.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 161
  • patchmatic.zip
    60.9 KB · Views: 127
  • Jerry-MacBook.ioreg
    6.8 MB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Some further discover. Run Ubuntu Live CD on the laptop, the display can light up correctly, default in portrait though, but can be adjusted. When connecting to HDMI, it will stick on portrait.

With xrandr command, I can see the display is eDP1. It seems that eDP1 can use LVDS to drive, but some older posts said there is no clue on eDP.

Please anyone can shed some light on this case?

Can anyone please help?

I picked this up few days ago, and got the QE/CI working. I removed -disablegfxfirmware and uses 0x591E8086 in FakeID and it start working.

The screen is in portrait, but with Rotate Display Menu, I can change the rotation to landscape.

The weird thing is the Keyboard stop working. I guess it is because I upgraded the E-Ink firmware. With Windows, I can see an USB keyboard and a PS2 Keyboard, but if I uninstall the PS2 Keyboard, the keyboard still working. If I uninstall the USB Keyboard, the keyboard then stop working. If I scan the hardware, the USB and PS2 Keyboard comes back again. I am stuck again...

Hey there. I also have that exact same device and I also picked up on this one. The latest e-ink update makes the keyboard usable outside of Windows, however I'm stuck. Can't get neither Mojave, nor Catalina to get to the installation. Either Kernel Panics or stucks at kextd stall 'AppleACPICPU'.

To boot the installation isn't too hard. Did you tried the EFI I uploaded?

I didn't expect there will be YB C930 user interested, so didn't wrote a guide.

Just one thing, during the installation, always set the *-platform-id as 0x12345678 from Clover.

Hey there,

I already tried a fake platform-id but for some reason 0x12345678 worked specifically.

Yes, I am using the CLOVER folder you uploaded here. I also tried the one on your GitHub (master branch on the Yoga-Book-C930 repo).

I got to the installation but I can't do anything since input from the touchpad or the keyboard does nothing. They tap and vibrate but macOS doesn't handle any input. So unfortunately I cannot continue without finding either a powerful enough USB hub to power my external HDD and my mouse/keyboard dongle or just another Type-C dongle.

use this to generate a proprer problem reporting...

Hey there,

I already tried a fake platform-id but for some reason 0x12345678 worked specifically.

Yes, I am using the CLOVER folder you uploaded here. I also tried the one on your GitHub (master branch on the Yoga-Book-C930 repo).

I got to the installation but I can't do anything since input from the touchpad or the keyboard does nothing. They tap and vibrate but macOS doesn't handle any input. So unfortunately I cannot continue without finding either a powerful enough USB hub to power my external HDD and my mouse/keyboard dongle or just another Type-C dongle.

Yes, that's ture. The keyboard issue is what I've been working for long time. The initial e-ink driver worked, but after update the e-ink fireware, but keyboard stop working on macos.

I tried to create a custom keyboard driver in different ways, but the USB interrupt just not picking up any keyboard events.

The keyboard works on both Ubuntu and Android though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back