Contribute
Register

Lenovo Yoga Book C930 post installation issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see I'm not the only one trying to boot something on this specific Yoga Book, but I take the keyboard shows up but just doesn't do anything in macOS for those who got in?

I installed Mojave onto the i5 variant but this was before the updated eInk firmware, so I had no mouse + keyboard support, rip. Wanting to install Catalina as well or Big Sur later this year, but if the keyboard doesn't currently work or even doesn't work period, I don't want to spend the time doing something that results in a 50% functional "laptop" (no mouse & keyboard)

Another little bother is the display orientation, but I haven't gotten into the installer yet, but if the keyboard just won't work it's probably not worth it for me to continue installing it onto this machine, seems there are some fixes though, I think?

The keyboard worked fine with Eink firmware v2.5.0.0 on Mojave. The newer firmware break it. Specifically, the USB interrupt seems stop working, the keyboard shows up, you can still see the press on the keys, but macOS won't pick up any keyboard event.

I've tried to override the default keyboard driver (which I did), but since there is no interrupt IO comes in, it didn't work either.

Soooo... is there any hope at this point? I decided to try this out once again and I noticed that @jerryj updated their first post on November 4th 2019 (with the forum board saying November 7th 2019), mentioning the E-ink Firmware Update that broke the keyboard on macOS but the Lenovo Support page says that the E-ink Firmware Updater tool was initally released on November 13th 2019 for version 2.05.00.14, and was last updated in March 2020 for version 2.05.02.23

I bought this laptop in December 2019 meaning I have never seen a version of the site without that update. Because of the type of machine this is I don't expect many people to ever reinstall it in its lifetime, so does any long term owner keep the installer for the firmware of version 2.5.0.0 which jerryj said works on macOS, so that we could potentially downgrade to that (I think it won't even break the E-ink apps in Windows as the two seem to be able to work parallelly without version dependance).

If someone had updated to a version earlier than 2.05.00.14 it should show in the Lenovo Vantage Full History of System Updates. And since Lenovo keeps all of the earlier installers on their servers, I probably just need the naming of the file as einkfw25050000w.exe and others similar lead me to a 404 page.

Soooo... is there any hope at this point? I decided to try this out once again and I noticed that @jerryj updated their first post on November 4th 2019 (with the forum board saying November 7th 2019), mentioning the E-ink Firmware Update that broke the keyboard on macOS but the Lenovo Support page says that the E-ink Firmware Updater tool was initally released on November 13th 2019 for version 2.05.00.14, and was last updated in March 2020 for version 2.05.02.23

I bought this laptop in December 2019 meaning I have never seen a version of the site without that update. Because of the type of machine this is I don't expect many people to ever reinstall it in its lifetime, so does any long term owner keep the installer for the firmware of version 2.5.0.0 which jerryj said works on macOS, so that we could potentially downgrade to that (I think it won't even break the E-ink apps in Windows as the two seem to be able to work parallelly without version dependance).

If someone had updated to a version earlier than 2.05.00.14 it should show in the Lenovo Vantage Full History of System Updates. And since Lenovo keeps all of the earlier installers on their servers, I probably just need the naming of the file as einkfw25050000w.exe and others similar lead me to a 404 page.
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:
Just added the Yoga Book C930 to my signature, is that better?

Could someone please post a link to the repo and the guide that was followed? I don't seem to find it anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back