Contribute
Register

Lenovo Yoga 730 Mojave boot fail, kernel panic

Status
Not open for further replies.
It still didn't work. saying there's a problem on the nvme ssd. I'm using a samsung MZVLB256. Will it be the main problem on the ssd?

Attachments

• IMG_0345.JPG
    IMG_0345.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 59
It still didn't work. saying there's a problem on the nvme ssd. I'm using a samsung MZVLB256. Will it be the main problem on the ssd?
PM981 drives are not supported and will you give you errors (like the one you got)

best to remove and replace

then you obviously need to update it
Glad to learn that, it's my stock sdd, now I'm going to swap it out, find another ssd and see what happened.

BTW, is there really zero chance to fix it by adding any kext or something? I was able to boot into the system successfully sometimes, that's how I got the kextstat info. Because I had my windows 10 installed already. It would take a lot of work to rebuild everything.

Glad to learn that, I'm going to swap it out, find another ssd and see what happened.

BTW, is there really zero chance to fix it by adding any kext or something? I was able to boot into the system successfully sometimes, that's how I got the kextstat info. Because I had my windows 10 installed already. It would take a lot of work to rebuild everything.
as it is not supported, then it ain't gonna work..... sorry!

Im having the dandiest time installing Mojave 14.4

I purchased a 970 Evo NVMe M.2 MZ-V7E500. 89.99 at Amazon & DW1820 CN-ovW3T3
Formatted on Terminal
diskutil partitionDisk /dev/disk(whatever your disk number my be disk1 ..2..3) 1 GPT HFS+J "install_osx" R

Clover V2.5k_r5104
on USB 3.0 USB-C Stick
copy and pasted
EFI/CLOVER/Drivers/UEFI ------Folder from @dragonflylee
  • APFSDRIVERLOADER
  • APTIOMEMORY FIX
  • FSinject
  • HFPplus
  • FAKESMC ---downloaded

EFI/CLOVER/DRIVER/BIOs --- Default Clover folder I believe
  • APFSDRIVERLOADER
  • AudioDXE
  • FSinject
  • XHCIDXE
EFI/CLOVER/DRIVER/KEXT/other ----Folder from @dragonflylee
  • Lilu
  • USbinjectall
  • virtualSMC
  • VoodooPS2 Controler
  • WhateverGreen

Replaced default Config.plist with @dragonflylee config.plist

OSX 14.4 Installed
Flawless took less than 2 minutes to reach 1st.reboot phase 2nd reboot phase even quicker
USB hub keyboard and mouse used
Now just loading with USB-C 3.1 stick for now since I attempted Clover EFI Partition but rebooting left a long pause >10 minute

Again this was just to boot up as quickly as possible with no frills and defiantly no thrills .
More attempting later today with EFI Folder

Funny thing is USB won't boot up after first initial install as you may have to install clover right there and then.
But works fine when booting to install fresh again right back on MacOS Utilites ? how funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back