Contribute
Register

Lenovo Yoga 520 Issues with compiling DSDT, patching VooDoo I2C and ACPI table errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD 620 / GTX 940mx
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello everyone,

I have successfully installed macOS Mojave with almost no issues (Audio and battery indicator fixed with kexts). Now I'm trying to fix the trackpad. Even though the keyboard and external mouse works out of the box, the trackpad is pretty important since the laptop only has 2 USB ports. I don't mind if the touchscreen doesn't work, as long as the trackpad does. The trackpad is a I2C HID device.

After searching far and wide, I concluded that my laptop needs:
  • DSDT patch
  • VooDooI2C Kext
  • VooDooI2CHID Kext
Since a similar laptop, the Yoga 720 needs a Windows 10 DSDT patch for it to work.

When I extracted the DSDT.aml to DSDT.dsl with the latest IASL and MaciASL, it works without the refs.txt. When I compiled it back to aml, there's no errors, but many warnings. I tried to use this recompiled aml by placing it into the clover patched folder, and it boots normally with no issues whatsoever.

The issue comes to play when I tried to patch with VooDoo I2C controller. A syntax error occured, unexpected PARSEOP_METHOD. It turns out there's an extra curly bracket as shown below:

4R0N0C0.png

After fixing it, a similar error occurs further down the DSDT, so I fixed the other curly bracket. After trying to compile, the following errors occur:

M9wI8Sm.png

I attempted to increase the scope of Scope (_SB.PCI0) with the help of a user on discord, and after compiling, no errors occured. After placing it in the patched folder in Clover and rebooting the laptop, I received ACPI table errors:

t2bPIee.jpg

I repeated the entire process with using refs.txt, but the same thing happens again. There's no PARSEOP_ZERO to patch at all if that's anything. I followed this guide as well.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    105.4 KB · Views: 162
Hello everyone,

I have successfully installed macOS Mojave with almost no issues (Audio and battery indicator fixed with kexts). Now I'm trying to fix the trackpad. Even though the keyboard and external mouse works out of the box, the trackpad is pretty important since the laptop only has 2 USB ports. I don't mind if the touchscreen doesn't work, as long as the trackpad does. The trackpad is a I2C HID device.

After searching far and wide, I concluded that my laptop needs:
  • DSDT patch
  • VooDooI2C Kext
  • VooDooI2CHID Kext
Since a similar laptop, the Yoga 720 needs a Windows 10 DSDT patch for it to work.

When I extracted the DSDT.aml to DSDT.dsl with the latest IASL and MaciASL, it works without the refs.txt. When I compiled it back to aml, there's no errors, but many warnings. I tried to use this recompiled aml by placing it into the clover patched folder, and it boots normally with no issues whatsoever.

The issue comes to play when I tried to patch with VooDoo I2C controller. A syntax error occured, unexpected PARSEOP_METHOD. It turns out there's an extra curly bracket as shown below:

4R0N0C0.png

After fixing it, a similar error occurs further down the DSDT, so I fixed the other curly bracket. After trying to compile, the following errors occur:

M9wI8Sm.png

I attempted to increase the scope of Scope (_SB.PCI0) with the help of a user on discord, and after compiling, no errors occured. After placing it in the patched folder in Clover and rebooting the laptop, I received ACPI table errors:

t2bPIee.jpg

I repeated the entire process with using refs.txt, but the same thing happens again. There's no PARSEOP_ZERO to patch at all if that's anything. I followed this guide as well.

Thanks in advance for any help!

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back