Contribute
Register

Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro HD4400 QHD+ QE/CI working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello ryman95,

sorry for the delay. I am not online every day.
I attached the very basic config I first used and QE/CI worked. You of course have to further work on that for other functions.
I used the bios version 76CN38WW. I attached a zip of my old update-folder. (make sure to set the bios back flash enabled)
Just to be sure you are using the same version.
I also attached my DisplayVendorID I created. I don't know if it is necessary.

I wish you good luck. I really admire this quality display on Win and Mac.

Thank you! I got it. There are some graphic glitches at Login Screen and System Information shows 1600x900 Px.

- I used FakePCIID for HD4400 to have the best graphics results, thanks to Rehabman and the_darkvoid
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID

I put FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext from the Release folder into CLOVER/kexts/Other, but I still get Launchpad glitches. What am I doing wrong?

Thank all of you guys so much!

P.S: I tried the ones from the Debug folder, same results

EDIT: Never mind, installing them using Kext Wizard worked. Now QE/CI is fully working for me!

The "Larger text" mode in Display preferences doesn't work. Is there a workaround?

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

Also, post EFI/Clover folder.

View attachment 140843
View attachment 140844
View attachment 140845

Code:
[FONT=Monaco]Brads-MBP:~ Brad331$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat[/FONT]
[FONT=Monaco]   13    2 0xffffff7f81e96000 0x65000    0x65000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>[/FONT]
[FONT=Monaco]Brads-MBP:~ Brad331$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu[/FONT]
(I got no output from the second command.)

You have several obvious things not done:
- backlight control
- power management
- probably DSDT patching

All are covered in the FAQ: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

The patch in grub does not work for me. I got the following message:

Looking for Setup variables
var Name: Setup, var size: 12, var guid: a04e27f4-df00-4d42 - b5-52-39-51-13-02-11-3d
->GUID matches expected GUID
expected a different size oft the Setup variables (got 1200 (0x4b0) bytes) Continue with care....
succesfully obtained "Setup" variable from VSS (got 1200 (0x4b0) bytes.
offset 0x18c: is 0x01
setting offset 0x18c to 0x03
error: can't set variable using EFI (error: 0x000000000000001a).

Yoga 2 Pro - i7 - HD4400

Thanks in advance!

Have you found a solution yet?? I have the exact same issue on my z51, except that it gets (1400 (0x578) bytes) everything else is the same!

Any help??

Have you found a solution yet?? I have the exact same issue on my z51, except that it gets (1400 (0x578) bytes) everything else is the same!

Any help??

Solution is to flash an earlier BIOS that doesn't encrypt the variables.

Solution is to flash an earlier BIOS that doesn't encrypt the variables.

Thanks for the update. My laptop (Lenovo Z51) does not have an earlier bios than this, since it is not very old.
I think I'll just have to wait for someone to figure out how to mask the assertion for el capitan. There'll sure be more support after the final release.

EDIT: Im going to try the-darkvoid's IOKit patch script.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back