Contribute
Register

Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro HAckintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I missed that. Thanks. I have also keyboard issue (I can't typo anything at OS X installer) so I used my 10.6 at virtualbox instead to do it. I successfully changed mach_kernel and boot OS X from SSD but I still need keyboard to complete installation :(
I will try tomorrow with USB keyboard.

You probably didn't create your Unibeast USB with "Laptop Support". That's what provides the PS2 drivers. Or they aren't working for this machine -- I always replace the PS2 drivers provided by Unibeast with my own.

It does not work for me. I downloaded Chameleon 2.1 and install it at the usb stick with OS X. Is it right? I also tried clover. All the same. It seems that only original unibeast boot file works for me (but with speed issue).

What doesn't work? Be aware of the fact that Chameleon has different graphics flags. And also Chameleon 2.1 is very old. Current builds of Chameleon are found here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/231075-chameleon-22svn-official-pkg-installer-binaries/

Clover is definitely the bootloader of choice for newer machines mainly because of the mach_kernel patching facilities, but also for other reasons. Make sure you get the current build though... And Clover must be carefully configured via config.plist.

You probably didn't create your Unibeast USB with "Laptop Support". That's what provides the PS2 drivers. Or they aren't working for this machine -- I always replace the PS2 drivers provided by Unibeast with my own.
Your VoodooPS2 kext works very well. Thanks!

What doesn't work? Be aware of the fact that Chameleon has different graphics flags. And also Chameleon 2.1 is very old. Current builds of Chameleon are found here
After installing Chameleon 2.2 loading indicator rotates with normal speed. So, it works. But I can't start installation USB anymore: I get "a freed zone element has been modified; expected 0xdeadbeefdeadbeef" every time.

On the other hand I run installed OS (with flags "-x -GraphicsEnabler=No"). But only once. Now I get "remove symbol com.digidesign.m" panic at every turn.

Your VoodooPS2 kext works very well. Thanks!

After installing Chameleon 2.2 loading indicator rotates with normal speed. So, it works. But I can't start installation USB anymore: I get "a freed zone element has been modified; expected 0xdeadbeefdeadbeef" every time.

I assume this is still running the installer or at least booting with USB? Things to try...
- remove the rollback AppleACPIPlatform.kext from /Extra/Extensions on the USB
- remove the rollback IONetworkFamily.kext from /Extra/Extensions on the USB
- try with maxmem=2048 or maxmem=4096

BTW, Clover seems to not have the deadbeef bug...

I just installed XCode and Qt at 10.6 at VirtualBox.
And it seems I don't need mavericks now.

RehabMan, thanks anyway. It was great experience.

Rehabman..

still no luck for me.. tried everything.. patching EDID... :( all i get is it loads up but stuck on gray apple logo screen with frozen spinning wheel...

:(

Rehabman..

still no luck for me.. tried everything.. patching EDID... :( all i get is it loads up but stuck on gray apple logo screen with frozen spinning wheel...

Too bad you can't get this machine with a better CPU with IrisPro graphics...

Hi,

Having some trouble getting my Yoga to see my Unibeast USB key when booting up and thus cant run the installer. I mean if I turn of efi bios boot and turn on legacy and turn off secure boot it will see it but it still fails to boot. Maybe it doesn't like usb3 usb keys?

Thanks.

Hi,

Having some trouble getting my Yoga to see my Unibeast USB key when booting up and thus cant run the installer. I mean if I turn of efi bios boot and turn on legacy and turn off secure boot it will see it but it still fails to boot. Maybe it doesn't like usb3 usb keys?

Thanks.

In what way does it fail to boot? Also, use a USB2 stick if possible...

Rehabman..

Have you had any luck?

Using Clover, 10.9.3, and the HD5000 kexts I was able to get the QE/CI working, but only using an external HDMI monitor. The laptop display still does not fully load by itself when I leave the HD5000 kexts in and when I do not have the external screen attached.

Have you had any luck?

Using Clover, 10.9.3, and the HD5000 kexts I was able to get the QE/CI working, but only using an external HDMI monitor. The laptop display still does not fully load by itself when I leave the HD5000 kexts in and when I do not have the external screen attached.

Yes, that's where everybody has been landing... Must be a connector table/framebuffer issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back