Contribute
Register

Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro HAckintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys

I m am new here and interested to build a lenovo yoga 2 hackintosh. I have been reading all the different general topic on laptop hackintosh and cme to a conclusion it would be difficult to built one especially the yoga pro. Still i am interested to take it a shot an learn everything that has to be learned in order to get on working.

So my question is easy is there anyone out there that got everything working except the touchscreen and the onboard wifi.

Thank you for advice.

Best regards and a good new year. Cheers

I have not heard of anyone trying yet. At least not here.

I have not heard of anyone trying yet. At least not here.

I have done it. And I have to say, thank you RehabMan. The perl patches worked flawlessy.

To anyone wondering what the "catch" is, there is none. Simply open a terminal, make a backup copy of your mach_kernel from your USB installer, run the perl patches against them (yes, both of them) and then copy the patched mach_kernel back to the usb stick. The instructions on his thread are super easy.

Once done, this yoga 2 pro booted super quick. Install went fine, and now I'm gonna reboot to try and see what worked and what didn't. Fingers crossed!

I have done it. And I have to say, thank you RehabMan. The perl patches worked flawlessy.

To anyone wondering what the "catch" is, there is none. Simply open a terminal, make a backup copy of your mach_kernel from your USB installer, run the perl patches against them (yes, both of them) and then copy the patched mach_kernel back to the usb stick. The instructions on his thread are super easy.

Once done, this yoga 2 pro booted super quick. Install went fine, and now I'm gonna reboot to try and see what worked and what didn't. Fingers crossed!

Let us know how it goes. I've been doing some looking at the service manual and the (unsupported) Intel WiFi looks to be replaceable. It will be interesting to know if there is a BIOS whitelist.

Also will be interesting with the HiDPI 3200x1800 display...

Hey guys,

I have been following this thread and I was just curious if there have been any updates to this build? I am thinking about picking up one of these machines and being able to run 10.9 on it would be a bonus. Thanks.

Let us know how it goes. I've been doing some looking at the service manual and the (unsupported) Intel WiFi looks to be replaceable. It will be interesting to know if there is a BIOS whitelist.

Also will be interesting with the HiDPI 3200x1800 display...

Is there still no one that can confirm 3200x1800 display. As this laptop in it's high end version is quite expensive I am afraid to invest in it and that finally it will not work properly. For work I'm mostly using OSX with the Macbook Air but the resolution on the Lenovo is really the thing that makes the difference and would be a really durable choice. Anybody please tell us. Thanks

How is this panning out? I have the Yoga 2 Pro with the crazy res. I would love to duel boot OS X and Windows 8.1. Has anyone done it yet?? Also if so could you possibly make a Tut.

How is this panning out? I have the Yoga 2 Pro with the crazy res. I would love to duel boot OS X and Windows 8.1. Has anyone done it yet?? Also if so could you possibly make a Tut.

What is stopping you from trying?

I'd love to do a tutorial but I don't have the machine and it represents a kind of big investment for me. If someone would at least confirm that there is a possibility to run it at 1920x1080 I would buy one and try really hard to make this Yoga 2 running properly and of course I'd be posting willingly the information how to get there.

For sure there are people out there that have arrived at some level with the lenovo yoga pro. Please help us buy posting your stage of advancement (graphics sound, sleep etc). Thank you.

What is stopping you from trying?

Well you see i would give it a try but right now I need my laptop for school, but when im done with school Ill be all over it.

Well you see i would give it a try but right now I need my laptop for school, but when im done with school Ill be all over it.

Can anyone tell me what trackpad this Yoga 2 has in it? If it has Synaptics, it may push me over the edge into buying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back