Contribute
Register

Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro HAckintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thanks! I will be camping here if there are will be any updates on it.

As RehabMan has said, in another related thread, the Intel HD 4400 is not supported in any version of the OS. All future Yoga-style hinge display notebooks (Dell's new XPS) use 4400 as well.

As RehabMan has said, in another related thread, the Intel HD 4400 is not supported in any version of the OS. All future Yoga-style hinge display notebooks (Dell's new XPS) use 4400 as well.

Actually, I don't think I said that. I probably said "we don't know yet." I have seen for myself that HD4600 works.

By googling I can see that the device ID for HD4400 is 8086:0a16, and that ID *will* cause the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext to load (looking at the Info.plist).

You will have to figure out which ig-platform-id works with your laptop, if any...

I'll be camping out here as well. The yoga pro 2 seems like the best bang for the buck right now. I've been running osx on my Probook 4530s for a year or so, and loving it. My Probook is the most heavily supported laptop for hackintoshing so I've run into zero problems. I will indeed cross over to windows for the yoga pro 2, but I'd absolutely love to get osx running on it.

I'll be camping out here as well. The yoga pro 2 seems like the best bang for the buck right now. I've been running osx on my Probook 4530s for a year or so, and loving it. My Probook is the most heavily supported laptop for hackintoshing so I've run into zero problems. I will indeed cross over to windows for the yoga pro 2, but I'd absolutely love to get osx running on it.

I haven't seen the Yoga Pro2 in person, but on paper it seems nice. I might try to hack it later this winter. It would be great to have a retina setup, and I like the "yoga" concept.

I haven't seen the Yoga Pro2 in person, but on paper it seems nice. I might try to hack it later this winter. It would be great to have a retina setup, and I like the "yoga" concept.

I'm definitely excited to update my mobile system. I just can hardly put up with my Probook's sad state (2.5-3hr) battery life anymore. I was reading on engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/19/lenovo-ideapad-yoga-2-pro-review/), that the Yoga 2 Pro's battery life is among the poorest for Haswell laptops though. Rehabman, have you any other ideas for a haswell OSX laptop?

I'm definitely excited to update my mobile system. I just can hardly put up with my Probook's sad state (2.5-3hr) battery life anymore. I was reading on engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/19/lenovo-ideapad-yoga-2-pro-review/), that the Yoga 2 Pro's battery life is among the poorest for Haswell laptops though. Rehabman, have you any other ideas for a haswell OSX laptop?

If battery life is what you're after, you can't beat the Haswell equipped MacBook Air.

If battery life is what you're after, you can't beat the Haswell equipped MacBook Air.

I don't know... I bought this Yoga 2 and it seems really good with battery. I am just an old python developer... But I definitely am getting a full work day out of it. By that I mean two split sessions. 6 hours in the morning, then I plug it in, and then I use it the rest of the evening and it goes to sleep when I do. Then when I get up its got around 20%

I have yet to have see the low battery warning and I just plug it in whenever I am not using it. So it achieves the goal of "freeing me" from the cable in the wall.

With that said, I want mavericks on this piece. Windows 8.1 is shiny, but I'm a linux user... And need to occasionally test on mac.

There isn't much difference between this and the 2013 MBP. What's the hold up? It has an intel 4400 iris just like the MBP. A lighter, yet same architecture haswell.. Why the F won't it boot?

I haven't tried it myself... But I will do that today. Anyone have any suggestions?

I don't know... I bought this Yoga 2 and it seems really good with battery. I am just an old python developer... But I definitely am getting a full work day out of it. By that I mean two split sessions. 6 hours in the morning, then I plug it in, and then I use it the rest of the evening and it goes to sleep when I do. Then when I get up its got around 20%

I have yet to have see the low battery warning and I just plug it in whenever I am not using it. So it achieves the goal of "freeing me" from the cable in the wall.

With that said, I want mavericks on this piece. Windows 8.1 is shiny, but I'm a linux user... And need to occasionally test on mac.

There isn't much difference between this and the 2013 MBP. What's the hold up? It has an intel 4400 iris just like the MBP. A lighter, yet same architecture haswell.. Why the F won't it boot?

I haven't tried it myself... But I will do that today. Anyone have any suggestions?

You can get it to boot (this has been resolved for at least a week). See: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-locked-msrs-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq.html

FYI: After you get it to boot, you may run into another problem where the clock appears to be running too fast for OS X. So keys repeat like crazy and other timing related things go nuts. My Haswell HP does not have this problem, but it seems common on the Lenovo Haswell machines. Reportedly, this can be solved by using Enoch (branch of Chameleon), or Clover.

Hello guys

I m am new here and interested to build a lenovo yoga 2 hackintosh. I have been reading all the different general topic on laptop hackintosh and cme to a conclusion it would be difficult to built one especially the yoga pro. Still i am interested to take it a shot an learn everything that has to be learned in order to get on working.

So my question is easy is there anyone out there that got everything working except the touchscreen and the onboard wifi.

Thank you for advice.

Best regards and a good new year. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back