Contribute
Register

Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro HAckintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome, thanks for sharing! Wifi is running, now to bluetooth

yes - everything we need for the Broadcom card is covered in the FAQ - thanks RehabMan!

This Yoga 2 Pro turned out to be a very good laptop for OS X, probably the only thing that doesn't work is the Realtek card reader. It's a shame it took us a year to get to this point!

yes - everything we need for the Broadcom card is covered in the FAQ - thanks RehabMan!

This Yoga 2 Pro turned out to be a very good laptop for OS X, probably the only thing that doesn't work is the Realtek card reader. It's a shame it took us a year to get to this point!

Now someone can write a clear and detailed guide.

Post here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-guides/

So, to get it simple, all i need to do is
1 - Flash my BIOS with this tool :
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thr...cn31ww-Whitelist-Removal?pid=107107#pid107107

2 - Put DVMT Pre-Allocated to 96MB in bios

3 - Install osx like on any other PC

4 - Apply patches to get Audio

5- Change the WiFi/BT card to 7260NGW to get it working ?

Am I right ?

Thank you for your answers

quick answers:
1 - this tool allows you to enable the Advanced menu tab in your bios. this tab has setting for DMVT Pre-Allocted and Bios Unlock. we will use them both, and then we will be able to flash our bios later to remove the whitelist restrictions. but this is the start to get your graphics working
2 - yes
3 - probably yes, but you will still have graphic issues. will need to remove InjectIntel in Clover until you patch your graphics in OS X (either in config.plist or as a Clover option on each boot)
4 - yes, one of the many kexts/patches you will need
5 - the card referenced will now work in Windows, but never in OS X. Suggest you purchase a Broadcom card made for Lenovo or Dell

Here is the ICC (Color Profile) file that is calibrated to fix the ugly colors on the Yoga 2 Pro pentile matrix display. Calibrated using proper colorimeter thanks to guys from notebookreview.

Attachments

• Lenovo_Y2P.zip
    4 KB · Views: 117
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back