Contribute
Register

Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro HAckintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many hours of battery time do you guys get? My brightness level goes to 100% after shutdown, is there a fix for that?

I've been running linux on my Yoga since I've bought it and I find OSX somewhat sluggish. Is this "normal"? I haven't used Apple hardware since Yosemite beta so I'm not sure if it's the os, the hardware or something that I've missed.

Thank you.

How many hours of battery time do you guys get? I've been running linux on my Yoga since I've bought it and I find OSX somewhat sluggish. Is this "normal"? I haven't used Apple hardware since Yosemite beta so I'm not sure if it's the os, the hardware or something that I've missed.

Thank you.

I get roughly 5 hours battery time (currently at 80%, (4:17 remaining). more if I lower the brightness

Hi,

Thank you, I've kept my battery conservation settings from windows and I'm getting aprox 3 hours from 60% charge level. Can you let me know if your brightness settings are being reverted after shutdown?

brightness settings remain after shutdown/reboot. if you follow the guide, you should expect 4-5 hours or more, assuming the battery itself is in good condition.

Then I guess I've missed something, thank you for your answers and for the detailed guide.

what do you set your brightness level at? on battery, i am at 50% or lower for brightness

I'm not sure I understand your question. I usually keep my laptop plugged in so before trying osx I've installed windows. Using Lenovo's Energy Management tool I've set the maximum charge level to 60% (battery conservation mode I believe it's called), that's why I'm getting only 2-3 hours of battery time.

As for the brightness, I usually keep it around 50%. I've rebooted with different brightness settings but the laptop always boots up with 100% brightness. Anyway, it's not a big issue.

I've rebooted with different brightness settings but the laptop always boots up with 100% brightness. Anyway, it's not a big issue.

It means you don't have NVRAM implemented correctly or some other mistake in your backlight control implementation.

It means you don't have NVRAM implemented correctly or some other mistake in your backlight control implementation.

I did have some errors in my DSDT that I've ''fixed" by commenting out two lines, maybe that has something to do with it.

5040, 6066, Method local variable is not initialized (Local2)
5449, 6066, Method local variable is not initialized (Local3)

Anyone tried 10.11.3?

I did have some errors in my DSDT that I've ''fixed" by commenting out two lines, maybe that has something to do with it.

5040, 6066, Method local variable is not initialized (Local2)
5449, 6066, Method local variable is not initialized (Local3)

No idea without seeing the associated code.

As far as NVRAM, keep in mind that if you use EmuVaribleUEFI-64.efi, you need to be certain to install the "RC scripts" to the system volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back