Yoga2 Clover UEFI
CPU
Intel Core i7 4510U
Graphics
HD4400 3200x1800
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed guide, cfb44. Anyone else noticed that after enabling the Advanced Menu the keyboard lights can't be toggled and the led for charging status is always orange? Is bios flashing a must or can I just change the pre-alocaded memory if I don't plan to upgrade my wifi card with a blacklisted model?

Thank you.

Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1, Model 7347
CPU
Intel® Core™ i5-4210U
Graphics
Intel HD 4600
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed guide, cfb44. Anyone else noticed that after enabling the Advanced Menu the keyboard lights can't be toggled and the led for charging status is always orange? Is bios flashing a must or can I just change the pre-alocaded memory if I don't plan to upgrade my wifi card with a blacklisted model?
Thank you.

If you are not planning to change the wifi card, there is no need for BIOS flashing. You only need to change the dvmt pre-alloc to get the GPU to work, other than that no modification in BIOS are required.

Motherboard
Alienware 17 M1
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
GTX 2070
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Thank you.

I have neither symptom on my laptop. And of course flashing is optional, if you plan on using USB WiFi

Motherboard
Yoga2 Clover UEFI
CPU
Intel Core i7 4510U
Graphics
HD4400 3200x1800
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Strange, what bios version do you guys have? 76cn43? How's the guide coming along?

Thank you.

Motherboard
Yoga 2 Pro
CPU
i7 4500U
Graphics
HD graphics
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi,
First thank you very much cfb44 for your answer. It's gonna help me next weekend at my third attempt.

Strange, what bios version do you guys have? 76cn43? How's the guide coming along?

Thank you.

I have the same BIOS version and still can toggle light keyboard when orange light is on (and never had it with any previous BIOS version).

Motherboard
Alienware 17 M1
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
GTX 2070
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Thank you.

I am on bios xx38. Guide is coming along, just working on the post installation portion. hopefully up in 2 days!

Motherboard
Gigabyte z170 HD3P
CPU
Core i5 6400
Graphics
GTX 970
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am on bios xx38. Guide is coming along, just working on the post installation portion. hopefully up in 2 days!
Sounds awesome! Thank you so much.

Motherboard
Yoga2 Clover UEFI
CPU
Intel Core i7 4510U
Graphics
HD4400 3200x1800
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone

I've done a downgrade to xx38, upgraded to xx43 and activated the hidden menu, now everything seems fine.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.