Contribute
Register

LENOVO Y700

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!! i want to buy a laptop, and I found the lenovo y700 a very good option. i was searching in a lot of pages, but i dont find a complete answer, my question is. Is lenovo y700 compatible with El Capitan? what version do i need to buy? is there any problem? if lenovo laptop, dont support el capitan, another laptop option arount the 800-1000 usd?
Thanks, im kind of new in hackintosh stuff

Hello!! i want to buy a laptop, and I found the lenovo y700 a very good option. i was searching in a lot of pages, but i dont find a complete answer, my question is. Is lenovo y700 compatible with El Capitan? what version do i need to buy? is there any problem? if lenovo laptop, dont support el capitan, another laptop option arount the 800-1000 usd?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Afaik, y700 doesn't fully support, but you can probably make it work around 70%
I know y50 and y70 supports quite well, but I think the hashwell 6gen laptops don't have as good of compatability

Afaik, y700 doesn't fully support, but you can probably make it work around 70%
I know y50 and y70 supports quite well, but I think the hashwell 6gen laptops don't have as good of compatability

Note: 6th gen is Skylake. Haswell is 4th gen.

Whoops. Got them confused.

I have no idea about y700, but I did had good success with the Lenovo 15.5" ideapad 300 i3 6100u (4GB+500GB) with the rehab guide running El Cap 11.6, but its not for gaming. Of course wireless, camera, sd card reader don't work, but I don't use those. It's hooked up with monitor, KB, mouse. It is a standard no frills plastic laptop though but got it from Staples only $270 on a special. It's gone now, but BestBuy has the slightly bigger 17" model for $300 right now, it should be the same otherwise, sorely tempted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back