Contribute
Register

Lenovo Y700 - Catalina - err(0xe) 0 @ lochb 71b4903c-14ec-42c4-bdc6-ce1449930e49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo Y700
CPU
i7-6700HQ
Graphics
HD 530
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, everyone!

Some time ago I sucessfully installed High Sierra on my laptop (Lenovo Y700 15 ISK, Intel i6700HQ, HD530).
Now I'd like to upgrade to 10.15.5 (Catalina).

I followed all instructions as before and created bootable USB (I used previous files: kexts, *.aml and config.plist from High Sierra installation times).
I expected, that something may go wrong. But I was really astonished, when I saw this error:

Code:
err(0xe) 0 @ lochb 71b4903c-14ec-42c4-bdc6-ce1449930e49

I have been trying to search this error. All recommendations, which I could detect were about setting RebuildAppleMemoryMap to OFF and SetupVirtualMap to ON. I couldn't find these properties in my config.plist. So I was searching similar configurations with these properties. But no one of these configurations couldn't help me with this problem. Every time, when I'm trying to run installation process I see this error. (BTW I'm still able to work on installed High Sierra). To be honest I don't have any ideas what to do. So I would be highly appreciate anyone who could help me or give any suggestion what should I try.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• CLOVER (1).zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 316
Hi, everyone!

Some time ago I sucessfully installed High Sierra on my laptop (Lenovo Y700 15 ISK, Intel i6700HQ, HD530).
Now I'd like to upgrade to 10.15.5 (Catalina).

I followed all instructions as before and created bootable USB (I used previous files: kexts, *.aml and config.plist from High Sierra installation times).
I expected, that something may go wrong. But I was really astonished, when I saw this error:

Code:
err(0xe) 0 @ lochb 71b4903c-14ec-42c4-bdc6-ce1449930e49

I have been trying to search this error. All recommendations, which I could detect were about setting RebuildAppleMemoryMap to OFF and SetupVirtualMap to ON. I couldn't find these properties in my config.plist. So I was searching similar configurations with these properties. But no one of these configurations couldn't help me with this problem. Every time, when I'm trying to run installation process I see this error. (BTW I'm still able to work on installed High Sierra). To be honest I don't have any ideas what to do. So I would be highly appreciate anyone who could help me or give any suggestion what should I try.

Thanks in advance!
you need to update your version of clover

lilu.kext does nothing on it's own, you also need to have whatevergreen.kext

also your lilu.kext is ancient, update to newer version

also remove
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext

also LiluFriend.kext is pointless in clover/kexts/other, remove it

Fakesmc is also ancient, update that, in fact, check your other kexts for latest versions

your config,plist also needs an update as well

@Feartech thanks for yor help. I think, that using the latest Clover helped me.
The installation process continue, however I faced next error.

In memory panic stackshot succeeded ** bytes traced 263568

Do you have any ideas what may be a cause of it?

What I did from your post above:
- used the latest Clover (v5.0_r5118)
- updated lilu.kext + added whatevergreen.kext
- removed IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext, LiluFriend.kext
- updated FakeSMC and several other *.kext
- unfortunatelly I didn't understand what is exactly wrong with config.plist, so I skipped this step :(

In addition I would like to attach Clover archieve.

BTW @Feartech I really appreciate your help. Thank you again!

Attachments

• Clover.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 256
@Feartech thanks for yor help. I think, that using the latest Clover helped me.
The installation process continue, however I faced next error.

In memory panic stackshot succeeded ** bytes traced 263568

Do you have any ideas what may be a cause of it?

What I did from your post above:
- used the latest Clover (v5.0_r5118)
- updated lilu.kext + added whatevergreen.kext
- removed IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext, LiluFriend.kext
- updated FakeSMC and several other *.kext
- unfortunatelly I didn't understand what is exactly wrong with config.plist, so I skipped this step :(

In addition I would like to attach Clover archieve.

BTW @Feartech I really appreciate your help. Thank you again!
use a config.plist from the laptop guide, don't skip that step

use a config.plist from the laptop guide, don't skip that step

Ok, I just took this config
Now it stuck on this:
Ff0AcLAN0XY.jpg

BTW could you explain me, why previous config from successful installation of High Sierra doesn't work for Catalina? I thought that config.plist describes configuration of my hardware. And if hardware has not been chaged within this time, why config.plist should be changed?

Ok, I just took this config
Now it stuck on this:
View attachment 479073

BTW could you explain me, why previous config from successful installation of High Sierra doesn't work for Catalina? I thought that config.plist describes configuration of my hardware. And if hardware has not been chaged within this time, why config.plist should be changed?
have a search for apfs_module_start 1689

Thank you!
Finally I was able to install Catalina on my laptop.
I want to upgrade hardware on my laptop (change HDD to SSD and install macOS to new SSD + change RAM (now I have 12Gb, and I want to set 32Gb)).
After upgrading hardware I will try to install OS again and if it's successfully, I will publish here my clover config for someone else who is also interested in installation catalina on y700.

I add one OsxAptionFix2Drv.efi file to the clover deriver floder (/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI) and it can boot.

Thank you!
Finally I was able to install Catalina on my laptop.
I want to upgrade hardware on my laptop (change HDD to SSD and install macOS to new SSD + change RAM (now I have 12Gb, and I want to set 32Gb)).
After upgrading hardware I will try to install OS again and if it's successfully, I will publish here my clover config for someone else who is also interested in installation catalina on y700.
Hi Kiril, have u managed to install Catalina?

Hi Kiril, have u managed to install Catalina?
Yes, Catalina works fine

P.S. I'm attaching my EFI in case if anyone else is interested

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 394
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back