Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Acer Aspire A315-51
CPU
i3-6006u
Graphics
HD 520
I recently installed El Capitan on my old laptop. I was unable to get full resolution and video memory from the OS, so I installed some kernel extensions which have able to provide 144MB of video memory ( It used to show 256MB in Windows) but have divided the screen into 4 individual desktops with a black border in the middle. Even after hours of searching in the forums, I am unable to find a solution. Please help.

Laptop: Lenovo Y510 (mid 2007 or 2008) not Y510p
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T5450 1.67GHZ
Graphics: GM965 (Integrated GMA X3100)
Resolution: 1280x800

I am sorry if I missed a detail. I will provide additional information if needed.

I recently installed El Capitan on my old laptop. I was unable to get full resolution and video memory from the OS, so I installed some kernel extensions which have able to provide 144MB of video memory ( It used to show 256MB in Windows) but have divided the screen into 4 individual desktops with a black border in the middle. Even after hours of searching in the forums, I am unable to find a solution. Please help.

Laptop: Lenovo Y510 (mid 2007 or 2008) not Y510p
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T5450 1.67GHZ
Graphics: GM965 (Integrated GMA X3100)
Resolution: 1280x800

I am sorry if I missed a detail. I will provide additional information if needed.

X3100 support only in 32-bit capable OS X (Lion and Snow Leopard).

Sketchy (they are from a beta/DP build of ML). Good luck.
I understand they are from a beta build but isn't there something that might resolve the issue like by modifying the kernel extension or DSDT. I also don't hope for QE/CI but I want the full resolution.

I understand they are from a beta build but isn't there something that might resolve the issue like by modifying the kernel extension or DSDT. I also don't hope for QE/CI but I want the full resolution.

I think using beta drivers is not likely to be stable, and this is really old hardware. Not really in my interest...

Good luck.

I think using beta drivers is not likely to be stable, and this is really old hardware. Not really in my interest...

Good luck.
No problem. I will try to fix it myself. I appreciate your time and effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back