Contribute
Register

Lenovo Y50 with Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Ok, the drain does seem a bit high, but what baffles me the most is the fact the time remaining goes up from disconnecting the charger cable. Starts at just a few minutes and then keep going up to 2 hours.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Ok, the drain does seem a bit high, but what baffles me the most is the fact the time remaining goes up from disconnecting the charger cable. Starts at just a few minutes and then keep going up to 2 hours.

Tiime remaining when plugged in is completely different from time remaining when unplugged.

Plugged: Time remaining is the time to full charge.
Unplugged: Time remaining is the time to full discharge.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

I'm aware. What I meant is that after unplugging and once the stats update, it says 0:08 remaining but after some time it will say 1:49 remaining.

Example:
-Unplug charger
-Wait for calculation to be done (takes at least a minute or two)
-0:08 remaining (80%)
-Wait 15 minutes
-Check again. 1:49 remaining (79%)

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

I'm aware. What I meant is that after unplugging and once the stats update, it says 0:08 remaining but after some time it will say 1:49 remaining.

Example:
-Unplug charger
-Wait for calculation to be done (takes at least a minute or two)
-0:08 remaining (80%)
-Wait 15 minutes
-Check again. 1:49 remaining (79%)

Time Remaining is an estimate. It will vary depending on current power usage.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

It seems like the power usage is wrong. I installed Battery Time Remaining and when disconnecting the power usage spikes to -685 Watt and then stabilises after some time. It's not a deal breaker, but I'm not sure if it's some kind of bug or is something eating up my battery.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

It seems like the power usage is wrong. I installed Battery Time Remaining and when disconnecting the power usage spikes to -685 Watt and then stabilises after some time. It's not a deal breaker, but I'm not sure if it's some kind of bug or is something eating up my battery.

The same thing happens to me. Post a photo of your Activity Monitor.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Which screen of the activity monitor do you need?

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

You should look at the system.log output using the debug ACPIBatteryManager.kext. Make sure you have power management implemented correctly. If you have nvidia, make sure it is disabled properly... Do you have natively working WiFi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back