Intel 520
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Evening everyone,
I've been working on getting my Y50 running. It's an 8 core i7 with HD4600 graphics, touchscreen, 16gb ram, 1TB SSD and an nvidia 860m. I have OS X Mavericks installed, with the power management patch applied to the kernel. I am able to boot with the usual -x -f GraphicsEnabler=No arguments, which is pretty good, considering how impossible this laptop's predecessor was.

I need assistance with the custom DSDT however. I have no experience with them, and I get a number of compiler errors in it without any patches, straight out of RW-Everything.

Any pointers or other help would be appreciated.

The boot sequence stops at the graphics kext load, so I'm sure it's an issue with the HD4600, I just do not know how to fix it. I looked at http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...raphics-qhd-built-display-need-some-help.html but again, I need a compilable DSDT to do anything with it.

View attachment DSDT.aml

Evening everyone,
I've been working on getting my Y50 running. It's an 8 core i7 with HD4600 graphics, touchscreen, 16gb ram, 1TB SSD and an nvidia 860m. I have OS X Mavericks installed, with the power management patch applied to the kernel. I am able to boot with the usual -x -f GraphicsEnabler=No arguments, which is pretty good, considering how impossible this laptop's predecessor was.

I need assistance with the custom DSDT however. I have no experience with them, and I get a number of compiler errors in it without any patches, straight out of RW-Everything.

Any pointers or other help would be appreciated.

The boot sequence stops at the graphics kext load, so I'm sure it's an issue with the HD4600, I just do not know how to fix it. I looked at http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...raphics-qhd-built-display-need-some-help.html but again, I need a compilable DSDT to do anything with it.

View attachment 104371

You will get a better disassembly if you disassemble all at once...

You will need to extract all DSDT/SSDT from Linux. They are available in /sys/firmware/acpi/tables and /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic. Place them on USB or otherwise transfer to OS X.

Place all SSDT/DSDT in a single directory and use a recent build of iasl to disassemble:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachmen...5-buggy-dsdt-asus-q501la-help-needed-iasl.zip
Code:
cd "to directory where you placed all SSDT/DSDT"
iasl -da *.aml

Then work with the resulting *.dsl. You'll find you have much less errors to deal with.

As far as graphics issues, what is the resolution of your screen.

1920*1080, it isn't the 4K model. I'll give it a shot in *nix.

Hey guys,

I got pretty much the same Laptop as you can see in my system profile. I patched the Kernel aswell to get the installation done and i got a bootable Mavericks 10.9.4 now...
but i have no clue about DSDTs - neither sound nor WLAN etc works...

I used Multibeast to install some kexts but all i got working is my LAN adapter... I can only boot in save mode due to the same graphics issue as described above i guess so i would be really happy about your experience with the same Laptop and probably a few details about gettin your hardware work an probably you can share ur DSDT with me if you have any success!

BTW: I couldn't install over USB because i got an EHCI usb controller error and he was 'still waiting for root device' i couldn't fix that error over bios settings(very OEMish and almost no options) or kexts and installed it over another pc by removing the SSD... did you get the same error and what was ur workaround?

EDIT: something IMPORTANT at the end:the booting with -x only works if i disable switchable graphics in bios otherwise i can't boot at all!!! I want to keep it on for my dual-boot windows so i need a workaround to disabe my GTX860M only for Mac please! GraphicsEnabler=No doesn't work aswell as several other boot flags

Thanks in advice,

jonasgrosch

Hey guys,

I got pretty much the same Laptop as you can see in my system profile. I patched the Kernel aswell to get the installation done and i got a bootable Mavericks 10.9.4 now...
but i have no clue about DSDTs - neither sound nor WLAN etc works...

I used Multibeast to install some kexts but all i got working is my LAN adapter... I can only boot in save mode due to the same graphics issue as described above i guess so i would be really happy about your experience with the same Laptop and probably a few details about gettin your hardware work an probably you can share ur DSDT with me if you have any success!

BTW: I couldn't install over USB because i got an EHCI usb controller error and he was 'still waiting for root device' i couldn't fix that error over bios settings(very OEMish and almost no options) or kexts and installed it over another pc by removing the SSD... did you get the same error and what was ur workaround?

EDIT: something IMPORTANT at the end:the booting with -x only works if i disable switchable graphics in bios otherwise i can't boot at all!!! I want to keep it on for my dual-boot windows so i need a workaround to disabe my GTX860M only for Mac please! GraphicsEnabler=No doesn't work aswell as several other boot flags

Thanks in advice,

jonasgrosch

Boot with:
dart=0 nv_disable=1 -v

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

WiFi: Depends on having compatible hardware. Use DPCIManager->PCI List to find out what you have. Compatible chipsets and the procedures for making them work are covered here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Okay thanks the nv_disable flag helped a lot... i have now to options where i get to boot: -x or dart=0... the problem is that if i use dart=0 the display is kinda buggy... i can't see the menubar properly for example... is there an disadvantage running in constant save mode or is there a fix for that issue with dart=0?

Audio and WIFI: I got DPCI Manager and i got 2 unknown Realtek devices so i guess one of them is wifi and the other one is Audio... there is nothing in the device description so what's the best way to find out what exact cards are installed? i already googled my laptop but sadly i don't get proper results that help me finding out which patches i have to apply

EDIT: the thing i know so far is that my chipset is HM86

Okay thanks the nv_disable flag helped a lot... i have now to options where i get to boot: -x or dart=0... the problem is that if i use dart=0 the display is kinda buggy... i can't see the menubar properly for example... is there an disadvantage running in constant save mode or is there a fix for that issue with dart=0?

By "save mode", I assume you mean "safe mode" (-x).

Safe mode is not for long term use. Only short term troubleshooting/maintenance tasks.

dart=0 needs to be used when you cannot disable VT-d.

Your graphics issues are unrelated to dart=0 (when you don't use dart=0, and have VT-d enabled, various graphics drivers fail to load, thus your graphics configuration problems/issues don't reveal themselves).

Audio and WIFI: I got DPCI Manager and i got 2 unknown Realtek devices so i guess one of them is wifi and the other one is Audio... there is nothing in the device description so what's the best way to find out what exact cards are installed? i already googled my laptop but sadly i don't get proper results that help me finding out which patches i have to apply

Use DPCIManager->PCI List.

Yes of course i meant 'safe mode', sorry!

Yes i already checked PCI List but there is almost no information about the 2 unknown realtek devices, i attached a screenshot where u can see the PCI List and the Graphic Bug on the top... Please give me further advices to find out my devices and fix that graphic issue!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-19 at 11.47.50.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-09-19 at 11.47.50.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 895
Yes of course i meant 'safe mode', sorry!

Yes i already checked PCI List but there is almost no information about the 2 unknown realtek devices, i attached a screenshot where u can see the PCI List and the Graphic Bug on the top... Please give me further advices to find out my devices and fix that graphic issue!

Realtek 10ec:8168 is RTL8111 series: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287161-new-driver-for-realtek-rtl8111/

The other two Reaktek devices are probably your WiFi (not supported) and your card reader (probably not supported either).

As far as the graphics glitch in the menu bar, try:
- set slide=0
- set a color profile
- inject EDID
- rollback Azul/HD5000 kexts to 10.9.1
- patch framebuffer... (requires much research)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back