NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M & Intel HD 4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello everyone,

I have read through a lot of guides to install OS X Yosemite 10.10 on a Lenovo Y50, but neither included an explanation on how to prepare the USB/installation from Windows 8.1.

I am doing this kind of thing for the first time. My laptop runs on Windows 8.1 and I cannot follow any guide out there for Y50 because they only describe how to prepare everything from OS X. I don't also understand what Clover is.

How do I prepare my USB and have a smooth installation of Yosemite straight from Windows 8.1? I want to be able to dual boot between the two systems.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Hello everyone,

I have read through a lot of guides to install OS X Yosemite 10.10 on a Lenovo Y50, but neither included an explanation on how to prepare the USB/installation from Windows 8.1.

I am doing this kind of thing for the first time. My laptop runs on Windows 8.1 and I cannot follow any guide out there for Y50 because they only describe how to prepare everything from OS X. I don't also understand what Clover is.

How do I prepare my USB and have a smooth installation of Yosemite straight from Windows 8.1? I want to be able to dual boot between the two systems.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

You need OS X to download Yosemite from the Mac App Store.

Use the same Mac you downloaded Yosemite with to prepare your USB.

That's the real question here... How do I prepare my USB from Windows 8.1?

You cannot make the mac OS X install usb without having real mac or a hackintosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back