CPU
i7-4720HQ
Graphics
GTX 960M
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
For the most part El Capitan is running perfectly on my Lenovo y50-70 but I have a few odd issues.

1. Putting the laptop to Sleep or plugging in/unplugging an external display makes the screen go glitchy and flash. This happens and progressively gets worse until a reboot.

2. If I move the Mouse Cursor very fast for a few seconds it will enlarge by x10, then go back to normal after not moving it.

3. I can't recovery boot/get into the full version of disk utility (which seems to only be available in recovery). I've tried command+r at boot and holding option but nothing works. I don't care so much about getting into recovery as I do getting into a version of Disk Utility that lets me shrink and combine partitions.

4. Upon boot I am presented with 4 options in clover instead of 2. Option 1 is Windows, Option 2 says it is windows but does nothing, Option 3 is El Capitan, Option 4 says it is Mac Recovery but just boots to El Capitan. I want to keep Option 1 and Option 3 and remove the others.

For the most part El Capitan is running perfectly on my Lenovo y50-70 but I have a few odd issues.

1. Putting the laptop to Sleep or plugging in/unplugging an external display makes the screen go glitchy and flash. This happens and progressively gets worse until a reboot.

2. If I move the Mouse Cursor very fast for a few seconds it will enlarge by x10, then go back to normal after not moving it.

3. I can't recovery boot/get into the full version of disk utility (which seems to only be available in recovery). I've tried command+r at boot and holding option but nothing works. I don't care so much about getting into recovery as I do getting into a version of Disk Utility that lets me shrink and combine partitions.

4. Upon boot I am presented with 4 options in clover instead of 2. Option 1 is Windows, Option 2 says it is windows but does nothing, Option 3 is El Capitan, Option 4 says it is Mac Recovery but just boots to El Capitan. I want to keep Option 1 and Option 3 and remove the others.

1/2/4: Read guide, post #1, "Problem Reporting".

2: It is a feature.

Y50 guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-lenovo-y50-y70-uhd-or-1080p-using-clover-uefi.165188/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back