Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi awesome people!
I have recently got myself a y50-70 FHD with a 1TB + 8GB SSHD. I have now hacked it and dual booted windows 10 legacy. I did some research on SSHD and learnt that SSHD auto saves most used files into the 8GB partition, but after some time, I still didn't feel like mac is booting any faster is there a way to ensure mac is in the 8GB partition? Thanks!

Hi awesome people!
I have recently got myself a y50-70 FHD with a 1TB + 8GB SSHD. I have now hacked it and dual booted windows 10 legacy. I did some research on SSHD and learnt that SSHD auto saves most used files into the 8GB partition, but after some time, I still didn't feel like mac is booting any faster is there a way to ensure mac is in the 8GB partition? Thanks!
No. AFAIK, a hybrid HDD with a small SSD added to a large platter drive is worthless in a Mac. There is no app for Macs to make use of the SSD - it is optimized for Windows and the app to utilize it only works in Windows.
For a definite answer try posting in the Laptop forum where they may be more used to seeing this type of drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back