GTX850M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey all,

Just starting out on my Hackintosh adventure and wondered whether anyone knew of a Lenovo Y50 running a successful Hack OS X. I've come across the Y510p thread which I guess is the most closely related laptop to the Y50, lots of good information there.

Anyway, I'm going to start out with patching for the early reboot kernel and take it from there.

Cheers for any help or advice in advance :D

Hey all,

Just starting out on my Hackintosh adventure and wondered whether anyone knew of a Lenovo Y50 running a successful Hack OS X. I've come across the Y510p thread which I guess is the most closely related laptop to the Y50, lots of good information there.

Anyway, I'm going to start out with patching for the early reboot kernel and take it from there.

Cheers for any help or advice in advance :D

Something to consider... Clover: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

Cheers RehabMan,

Clover sounds like a far better solution so thanks for putting me onto that. Will give that a go later on and fingers crossed I'll get it working alright.

:)

Hey JasonY50! Any luck with your installation? I also have a Y50 4K and can boot into Yosemite but cannot get full video acceleration working. What was your result?

I am in the same boat, also have the y50 4k, and can't get the video to work properly. I too can boot, and get the right resolution (without acceleration even) but the only two frame buffers that provide acceleration are too distorted or garbled to be functional and the system is too slow without acceleration to be usable. I will dig up what I have done and share it here shortly.

EDIT: Here are the two that showed promise. As I understand it they are supposed to be for a 4600 GT3, and I think we have a GT2 so I have no idea what is going on (Username checks out), but they (when coupled with the other clover and Open CL patches) provide acceleration albeit distorted.

0x0a2e0008
Haswell ULT E GT3

and

0x0d260007
Haswell CRW Mobile GT3

In addition I have unlocked my BIOS, but all changes to video memory allowances have been met with kernel panics, so I have not seen a benefit thus far from the unlock.

Hope this helps. Any progress, please share. I have not made any other significant progress or attempts to finalize my build since video is a limiting factor for me.

*** NOTE: If you have even an inclining of light sensitivity or epilepsy I highly recommend NOT trying these out. ***

I am in the same boat, also have the y50 4k, and can't get the video to work properly. I too can boot, and get the right resolution (without acceleration even) but the only two frame buffers that provide acceleration are too distorted or garbled to be functional and the system is too slow without acceleration to be usable. I will dig up what I have done and share it here shortly.

EDIT: Here are the two that showed promise. As I understand it they are supposed to be for a 4600 GT3, and I think we have a GT2 so I have no idea what is going on (Username checks out), but they (when coupled with the other clover and Open CL patches) provide acceleration albeit distorted.

0x0a2e0008
Haswell ULT E GT3

and

0x0d260007
Haswell CRW Mobile GT3

In addition I have unlocked my BIOS, but all changes to video memory allowances have been met with kernel panics, so I have not seen a benefit thus far from the unlock.

Hope this helps. Any progress, please share. I have not made any other significant progress or attempts to finalize my build since video is a limiting factor for me.

*** NOTE: If you have even an inclining of light sensitivity or epilepsy I highly recommend NOT trying these out. ***

There is some extra patching you must do for QHD...

QHD info:

There is some detailed info here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...raphics-qhd-built-display-need-some-help.html

Also here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-laptop-support/137928-guide-dell-xps-9530-a.html

Right, applied the patches for QHD, and one of the id that "work" is the one mentioned in that Dell guide, but the video is still garbled. A limiting factor may be the inability to change the video memory pre-allocation and have the system remain stable. When changing it to 96MB in bios (unlocked) the system will not boot Yosemite without a panic. My experiences have been post following the recommendations in the QHD guide regarding video.

I will take some pictures and share my files and findings as soon as I am off work and in front of the system. Hopefully I just simply missed something or otherwise screwed it up and it will be an easier fix.

could someone help me hackintosh my lenovo y50? I have no idea how to do this!

could someone help me hackintosh my lenovo y50? I have no idea how to do this!

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

I can not access the following guide:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-l...enovo-y50.html

Why is this happening?

If the thread contains links to sites which openly promote piracy, the thread may have been removed by a site administrator.

And PLEASE... DO NOT post duplicates. I've found 6 posts with the exact same message. Please be aware that cross-post/duplicate posting is not allowed by the rules. You should read them: http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back