Register

Lenovo x250 - El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which trackpad is in your laptop?
What version of macOS/OS X?
What PS2 kexts did you install?

is a Synaptics one, the driver for windows is this
http://support.lenovo.com/co/es/pro...ries-laptops/thinkpad-x250/downloads/ds101836

I'm running Sierra 10.2.1 beta

In some forum i found the same failure on the X1 Carbon and the user modified the kext and fixed it, i tryed that kext and got a KP no matter what, on any other official revision of ps2 kext i got the jumpy skipping situation.

Then i decided to mix up the kext, Plist of the X1 modified, on official driver... the touchpad driver somewhat died, and the mouses were recognised as normal ps2 mouses and suddenly the trackpoint gets to work perfectly and touchpad lose the gestures and the ability of clickpad but now has tapping, and no more skipping jumping things... i know is not the correct resolution but is much better than wat i had.

For the overheating issue i downloaded an app to disable turbo boost and processor stoped clocking on 2.2ghz (where it should) instead of overclocking to 2.48ghz and now everything runs cool,just need to replace wifi card, sorta fix the mouses and make the card reader work and the machine is fully working, thanks everybody!

is a Synaptics one, the driver for windows is this
http://support.lenovo.com/co/es/pro...ries-laptops/thinkpad-x250/downloads/ds101836

I'm running Sierra 10.2.1 beta

In some forum i found the same failure on the X1 Carbon and the user modified the kext and fixed it, i tryed that kext and got a KP no matter what, on any other official revision of ps2 kext i got the jumpy skipping situation.

Then i decided to mix up the kext, Plist of the X1 modified, on official driver... the touchpad driver somewhat died, and the mouses were recognised as normal ps2 mouses and suddenly the trackpoint gets to work perfectly and touchpad lose the gestures and the ability of clickpad but now has tapping, and no more skipping jumping things... i know is not the correct resolution but is much better than wat i had.

For the overheating issue i downloaded an app to disable turbo boost and processor stoped clocking on 2.2ghz (where it should) instead of overclocking to 2.48ghz and now everything runs cool,just need to replace wifi card, sorta fix the mouses and make the card reader work and the machine is fully working, thanks everybody!

My PS2 kext for Synaptics is linked from here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/

Good post, i'll implement some of those fixes like minstolensize patch, since now i have modified kext and i don't like that.

as for VoodooPS2 already tryed last version 18.25 and the jumping skipping problem is still there.

could might be useful to know what modification was made on the one for the carbon X1 kext to might apply it to official version, which they are all here
https://github.com/jcsnider/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

Btw, is there a way on making work latest Realtek card readers?, google didn't throw much information on that.

Thanks

as for VoodooPS2 already tryed last version 18.25 and the jumping skipping problem is still there.

You will need to be specific about the problem and provide typical "Problem Reporting" files.

Btw, is there a way on making work latest Realtek card readers?, google didn't throw much information on that.

Most card readers are not supported (and no one cares enough to develop a kext).

You will need to be specific about the problem and provide typical "Problem Reporting" files.

Is kind of hard to describe the problem, i can give examples, when using lightroom is imposible to adjust sliders with precision, it goes 1 2 3 4 8 9 10... on the position of 4 the pointer gets freeze, ignore the movement till position 8 and when hits 8 makes it with a jump, is like it has dead zones horizontal and vertical.

And for trackpoint theres is no dead zones as such, but smallest movement moves the cursor lots of pixels, 100px or so, and all buttons of trackpoint reacts as right click, issue is solved when i killed the touchpad driver by messing with its plist.

as for problem reporting tell me which files and see what can i do, is not actually easy for me since i'm living almost in the jungle and i don't even have electricity.

Most card readers are not supported (and no one cares enough to develop a kext).

I can live with that... an usb reader is well enough.

Thanks!

Is kind of hard to describe the problem, i can give examples, when using lightroom is imposible to adjust sliders with precision, it goes 1 2 3 4 8 9 10... on the position of 4 the pointer gets freeze, ignore the movement till position 8 and when hits 8 makes it with a jump, is like it has dead zones horizontal and vertical.

And for trackpoint theres is no dead zones as such, but smallest movement moves the cursor lots of pixels, 100px or so, and all buttons of trackpoint reacts as right click, issue is solved when i killed the touchpad driver by messing with its plist.

as for problem reporting tell me which files and see what can i do, is not actually easy for me since i'm living almost in the jungle and i don't even have electricity.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Ready, as requested.

Installed latest voodoops2 version (the one with the skipping and no trackpoint issue) and make all the files you requested.

i can't seem to find the same issue on other users of the same computer, so i'm almost sure that is a problem of my configuration.

Thanks

Attachments

• Thinkpad-pieroc91.ioreg
    9.1 MB · Views: 107
  • report.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 68
Ready, as requested.

Installed latest voodoops2 version (the one with the skipping and no trackpoint issue) and make all the files you requested.

i can't seem to find the same issue on other users of the same computer, so i'm almost sure that is a problem of my configuration.

Thanks

My VoodooPS2Controller.kext does not support trackpoint. There are forks of the code available that might...
I'm not tracking them (there are almost 100 forks of my code).

My VoodooPS2Controller.kext does not support trackpoint. There are forks of the code available that might...
I'm not tracking them (there are almost 100 forks of my code).

Is very strange since i'm using your ps2 controller, downloaded today, with the purpouselly broken plist file inside the touchpad kext and is working like a charm, actually now that i managed to get scroll on middle click like the original behavior i disabled completely from bios the touchpad since i hate clickpads, with 10.12.2 update keyboard also got the modifier keys fixed... i'm actually really happy with this setup, too bad i can't seem to get (yet) a working wifi card.

as for the mouse and the reports, if it's useful for your development i can keep with it, if not, i'll stay where i am, trackpoint works like a charm, just the mouse that i want to use.

Thanks!

Is very strange since i'm using your ps2 controller, downloaded today, with the purpouselly broken plist file inside the touchpad kext and is working like a charm, actually now that i managed to get scroll on middle click like the original behavior i disabled completely from bios the touchpad since i hate clickpads, with 10.12.2 update keyboard also got the modifier keys fixed... i'm actually really happy with this setup, too bad i can't seem to get (yet) a working wifi card.

as for the mouse and the reports, if it's useful for your development i can keep with it, if not, i'll stay where i am, trackpoint works like a charm, just the mouse that i want to use.

Thanks!

Breaking the Info.plist in the VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext is the same as deleting VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext. It causes VoodooPS2Mouse.kext to take over, which treats your trackpad/trackpoint as a mouse (emulation is done in trackpad/EC firmware).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back