Contribute
Register

Lenovo X240 Clover update problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually my touchpad experience is not so good, either. I think it's because of the touchpad itself but not the kext.
I use VoodooPS2Controller to make it just work with two fingers, SmartTouchpad can support more finger gestures(three or four fingers), but these are working not so smoothly on this touchpad so i decided to only use VoodooPS2Controller.
Secondary click with two fingers works for me when using VoodooPS2Controller, also left click and scroll with two fingers.
When you want to have a experience like original Mac, you can consider buying a Magic Touchpad 2. From my perspective it's the only way to get better touchpad experience.
Of course, Bluetooth must work :) Either modify the white list to change a Wifi Card or use USB Bluetooth

For DSDT and SSDT, i had paid some time trying to patching them. Because i had a lot of errors using other one's DSDT (my BIOS Version is different with others) so i suggest you making them yourself. I take steps in X250 guide
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-lenovo-x250.206197/

The problem is I couldn't find a way to do right click when using VoodooPS2Controller, this is unacceptable... Thank you for your advice, I will try it later.

I bought an external wifi card with compatible chipset, but haven't considered about BT. I mainly use Logi MX master so I think it's OK to work without BT :)

Thanks for the link, I will read it in the weekend to learn how to do DSDT and SSDT work, this seems interesting but time-consuming.

The problem is I couldn't find a way to do right click when using VoodooPS2Controller, this is unacceptable...

Two finger tap.

Two finger tap.
Thank you RehabMan! I removed SmartTouchpad Kext and restored VoodooPS2Controller, now I do have left click, right click and scroll function working perfect!

Today I received my wifi card, also work like a charm. I think I still have below problems to make this hackintosh perfect:
1. FN keys
2. Sleep/Awake issue. (I believe this requires SSDT/DSDT patches, isn't it?)

Thank you RehabMan! I removed SmartTouchpad Kext and restored VoodooPS2Controller, now I do have left click, right click and scroll function working perfect!

Today I received my wifi card, also work like a charm. I think I still have below problems to make this hackintosh perfect:
1. FN keys
2. Sleep/Awake issue. (I believe this requires SSDT/DSDT patches, isn't it?)

Brightness keys are covered in the (original) brightness guide.
Sleep/wake clues are in the FAQ.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hi, I also have a x240, after following the guide, I have Sierra successfully installed. Then I tried some kext files to make the hardware workable, including:
1. VoodooHDA for audio card ALC3232
2. FakePCI/Intel_HD_Graphic for HD4400
3. IntelE1000 for ethernet
4. BatteryManager for battery
5. SmartToudpad for touchpad

So far, I got workable audio/ethernet/trackpad/keyboard/graphic, and battery status on the top bar. Also I am able to login my apple id to sync with another MacBook Pro.

Everything seems good. However, the touchpad experience is quite bad. I tried with two kext: VoodooPS2Controller and SmartTouchpad. With VoodooPS2Controller, I was able to use left click and was able to scroll up/down with two fingers. With SmartTouchpad, I was able to use one finger for left click and two finger for right click, but missing scroll function. Could you please advice?

PS: just started hackintosh yesterday, have gone through most of RehabMan's posts about how to install MacOS on a laptop, but still don't know how to compile a DSDT file. So I used the DSDT files which Kevin335220 attached to work with those kext files. Not sure if I am making things worse.

Sepc:
CPU: i5-4200U
Graphic: Intel HD4400
Audio: Realtek ALC3232
Ethernet: Intel 82577LM
Batteries: Two batteries, but I only use one

Sorry for my English.
Followed steps in X250 guide
I just did my own DSDT&SSDT,and I found that x240‘s audio card was ALC292 not X250’s ALC3232. I didnot kown how to edit ALC292 into my DSDT, but I noticed that T440 ‘s audio card ALC292,and appleALC had T440‘s layout id ——28. So I didnot edit audio into dsdt, but just put appleALC.kext and lilu.kext into /clover/kext/other ,with 28 in plist /device.

Attachments

• QQ20170902-025942.png
    QQ20170902-025942.png
    287.5 KB · Views: 145
  • QQ20170902-030012.png
    QQ20170902-030012.png
    263.5 KB · Views: 128
  • QQ20170902-030021.png
    QQ20170902-030021.png
    348.1 KB · Views: 123
Sorry for my English.
Followed steps in X250 guide
I just did my own DSDT&SSDT,and I found that x240‘s audio card was ALC292 not X250’s ALC3232. I didnot kown how to edit ALC292 into my DSDT, but I noticed that T440 ‘s audio card ALC292,and appleALC had T440‘s layout id ——28. So I didnot edit audio into dsdt, but just put appleALC.kext and lilu.kext into /clover/kext/other ,with 28 in plist /device.

Thank you, I also found that with only VoodooHDA present, the audio is not functional. However, after following fraisdos125's guide to patch the SSDT files, the audio device recovered. BTW, I skipped the step of "Patch Audio based on smile guide and update of codeccommander" as at that time the audio was already able to work properly.

Thank you, I also found that with only VoodooHDA present, the audio is not functional. However, after following fraisdos125's guide to patch the SSDT files, the audio device recovered. BTW, I skipped the step of "Patch Audio based on smile guide and update of codeccommander" as at that time the audio was already able to work properly.
Recently,I tried to use “AppleHDA Patcher.app_v1.8”,and found that the x240‘s audio can be easily drivered by that app,just selected laptops→ALC292→pathed,then the drivers would be on the desktop.
In /Desktop/MironeAudio /10ec0292/280.12/Clover, you would find aDummyHDA.kext & config.plist , In /Desktop/MironeAudio/CodecCommander , you would find CodecCommander.kext.
Install aDummyHDA.kext & CodecCommander.kext to /S/L/E by Kext Wizard, rebuild cash , modify your /clover/config.plist following /Desktop/MironeAudio /10ec0292/280.12/Clover/config.plist, and save it.
Reboot , and in boot theme , boot macOS with adding boot Arguments "-f -v ".
If it doesnot work , do it again.

Actually my touchpad experience is not so good, either. I think it's because of the touchpad itself but not the kext.
I use VoodooPS2Controller to make it just work with two fingers, SmartTouchpad can support more finger gestures(three or four fingers), but these are working not so smoothly on this touchpad so i decided to only use VoodooPS2Controller.
Secondary click with two fingers works for me when using VoodooPS2Controller, also left click and scroll with two fingers.
When you want to have a experience like original Mac, you can consider buying a Magic Touchpad 2. From my perspective it's the only way to get better touchpad experience.
Of course, Bluetooth must work :) Either modify the white list to change a Wifi Card or use USB Bluetooth

For DSDT and SSDT, i had paid some time trying to patching them. Because i had a lot of errors using other one's DSDT (my BIOS Version is different with others) so i suggest you making them yourself. I take steps in X250 guide
Hi Kevin, I have problem with WiFi card DW1560, doesn’t work on Windows. Can I ask you about DW1830, does it work normal on Windows? Cheers mate

Hi Kevin, I have problem with WiFi card DW1560, doesn’t work on Windows. Can I ask you about DW1830, does it work normal on Windows? Cheers mate
DW1830 (BCM943602BAED) works normally on Windows 10 x64.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back