Contribute
Register

Lenovo X1Carbon 4th Gen (2016) - Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your bluetooth issue is likely a USB mis-configuration problem.
Read FAQ for links.

Ah well. My DW1830 WLAN + BT card arrived... and it doesn't work. Wifi card does not show up even in Windows... I guess the X1 has some sort of WLAN whitelist in BIOS....

Ah well. My DW1830 WLAN + BT card arrived... and it doesn't work. Wifi card does not show up even in Windows... I guess the X1 has some sort of WLAN whitelist in BIOS....

Or your WiFi hardware is defective... or not installed correctly.
Generally WiFi whitelist problems result in an error/warning upon booting.

Thanks RehabMan, I will take a look at the seating of the card as the DW1830 is a tad thicker than what can comfortably fit (it is "double sided", contrary to the intel 8260 which is single sided). BT worked though - I might just put it in another machine to see.

Last edited:

It works now. Don't know what the issue was, took the card out, reinstalled it and now BT and Wifi is fine. Although as I said the card is actually too thick for the X1C - it does not lie flat as did the OEM intel 8260. The DW1830 has chips on both sides and thus is much bulkier than the 8260 - almost double the height when placed flat on the table next to each other. It sits at an angle of about 5-7 degrees. The securing screw that came with the laptop was actually too short.... maybe this setup is not the optimal setup for the laptop. I guess I will need a different, one-sided NGFF card for it. The card works perfectly in the E7450 and even there I had to remove the rubber cushion from beneath it as the DW1830 is not an OEM replacement card for the E7450's intel 7265.

It works now. Don't know what the issue was, took the card out, reinstalled it and now BT and Wifi is fine. Although as I said the card is actually too thick for the X1C - it does not lie flat as did the OEM intel 8260. The DW1830 has chips on both sides and thus is much bulkier than the 8260 - almost double the height when placed flat on the table next to each other. It sits at an angle of about 5-7 degrees. The securing screw that came with the laptop was actually too short.... maybe this setup is not the optimal setup for the laptop. I guess I will need a different, one-sided NGFF card for it. The card works perfectly in the E7450 and even there I had to remove the rubber cushion from beneath it as the DW1830 is not an OEM replacement card for the E7450's intel 7265.

Ah yes. The DW1820 fits real nice - but Wifi does not work with that card. Only BT.

I too have the same x1c and i've owned it for about a week now.. I bought it off someone and luckily he gave me the password which seems to pop up 50% of the time on system boot. But my biggest issue is, i want to reinstall windows on my machine and configure it so i could dual boot with macOS etc.. I can't seem to figure it out.. Does my bios need to be in any specific setting in order to boot off the usb? Every time i try, it goes right back to the boot option menu.

I too have the same x1c and i've owned it for about a week now.. I bought it off someone and luckily he gave me the password which seems to pop up 50% of the time on system boot. But my biggest issue is, i want to reinstall windows on my machine and configure it so i could dual boot with macOS etc.. I can't seem to figure it out.. Does my bios need to be in any specific setting in order to boot off the usb? Every time i try, it goes right back to the boot option menu.

There is dual boot information in post #2 of the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Thanks Rehabman, ill check it out.

I haven't used my x1 carbon 4th gen for a couple months. Turned it on yesterday and noticed that the battery status doesn't update. I looked to see where there could be any other battery kext and found acpibattery inside L/E folder and removed it. I rebooted and battery indicator no longer wants to work even after i reversed my work.. Anyone has a solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back