Contribute
Register

Lenovo X1Carbon 4th Gen (2016) - Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.
None of my laptop plists use desktop SMBIOS.

That is correct, that was modified when I was looking at the issue of not having accelerated graphics. I modified a few things, some things got tidied up, some did not. SMBIOS was one of the leftovers. Still, the base of my plist is your plist that I mentioned. It has 4 framebuffer patches under KextsToPatch out of which the two lid open ones I disabled (and now deleted)

That is correct, that was modified when I was looking at the issue of not having accelerated graphics. I modified a few things, some things got tidied up, some did not. SMBIOS was one of the leftovers. Still, the base of my plist is your plist that I mentioned. It has 4 framebuffer patches under KextsToPatch out of which the two lid open ones I disabled (and now deleted)

Refer to the Probook project, or NUC project to get ideas for framebuffer patches as related to enabling/re-arranging framebuffer connectors.
Make sure you look at the kext binary in a hex editor so you can see what the find/replace patterns accomplish.

I think if you walk through your patches with the actual 0x19160000 data, you will see why the "10.11.4+-SKL-1912000-safe 4_displays" patch is not working.
Hint: your previous patch "0x19160000/etc, 32MB BIOS, 19MB framebuffer 9MB cursor bytes (credit RehabMan)" conflicts as it changes the 00002002 to 00003001).

I still have the eDP one there, as it references my graphics id but it is disabled as for now.

Refer to the Probook project, or NUC project to get ideas for framebuffer patches as related to enabling/re-arranging framebuffer connectors.
Make sure you look at the kext binary in a hex editor so you can see what the find/replace patterns accomplish.

I think if you walk through your patches with the actual 0x19160000 data, you will see why the "10.11.4+-SKL-1912000-safe 4_displays" patch is not working.
Hint: your previous patch "0x19160000/etc, 32MB BIOS, 19MB framebuffer 9MB cursor bytes (credit RehabMan)" conflicts as it changes the 00002002 to 00003001).

Thank you!
I will have a look and hope to figure it out :)

I still have the eDP one there, as it references my graphics id but it is disabled as for now.

Disabled patches have no effect, so they are not the cause of your issue.

Thank you!
It was a bit more than a hint - it was the actual solution you gave there....
Replacing 2002 with 3001 in the safe4_displays patch made me have HDMI video out :)
I think I will stop at the top here - anything else I do will ruin this :)
Good night!

NGFF wifi card arrived .. and only BT works.
It is a DW1820, and no matter what I do I can only get BT to work.
And even that munches battery quite fast.
So I think I will give up on that for now and simply use a USB thumb wifi adapter - works real well after drivers were installed.
In the meantime I will order a DW1830... from China... takes like 1-2 months to arrive

NGFF wifi card arrived .. and only BT works.
It is a DW1820, and no matter what I do I can only get BT to work.
And even that munches battery quite fast.
So I think I will give up on that for now and simply use a USB thumb wifi adapter - works real well after drivers were installed.
In the meantime I will order a DW1830... from China... takes like 1-2 months to arrive

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Thanks RehabMan, I think I will skip it for now. I have ordered the DW1560 & DW1830. Until they arrive I will stick to using the USB thumb Wifi. It works okay. On the other hand I will collect the data just to see if there is a solution that might help others. For now I am building an Optiplex 3020 hackintosh and a NUC5 is on the way. X1 works, so I will concentrate on the others for now. I will post the files over the weekend. Thanks again!

Thanks RehabMan, I think I will skip it for now. I have ordered the DW1560 & DW1830. Until they arrive I will stick to using the USB thumb Wifi. It works okay. On the other hand I will collect the data just to see if there is a solution that might help others. For now I am building an Optiplex 3020 hackintosh and a NUC5 is on the way. X1 works, so I will concentrate on the others for now. I will post the files over the weekend. Thanks again!

Your bluetooth issue is likely a USB mis-configuration problem.
Read FAQ for links.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back